The program focuses on capacity development of key players at national and sub-national levels to implement decentralisation in a citizen-oriented manner. This is firstly done through raising awareness about decentralisation and building capacities of public employees at central level in the partner structures. Secondly, “local budget sections” are activated in the 15 governorates to reduce their financial dependency on national budget. Thirdly, micro-projects in selected districts of 15 governorates are analyzed and funded. Finally, citizen engagement in local planning and development is enhanced.
- Representation of the program to the various Iraqi partners
- Maintaining a strategic partnership with Iraqi partners at the different governmental levels including trips to the different governorates inside Iraq
- Participating in planning and recruitment of consultants to implement the program’s various activities
- Monitoring the implementation of activities and composing reports
- Backstopping for developing a mechanism for monitoring the implementation of decentralisation developed by Higher Commission for the Coordination among Provinces (HCCP) in coordination with specialized consultants
- Developing a recommendation for the Ministry of Planning (MoP) that clarifies the processes and responsibilities of relevant provincial and district actors regarding the planning and implementation of revenue-generating projects
- Providing the relevant technical inputs for composing papers and presentations that documents and represents the program various activities in coordination with the communication officer
- University degree in political science, public administration or other related majors
- Profound work experience in advising governments and governance
- Work experience in the Middle East & North Africa region
- Excellent networking skills with actors from various institutions and political levels as well as diplomatic skills in dealing with various partners
- High intercultural sensitivity also in dealing with national partner experts
- Team player with high commitment, flexibility, resilience and stress tolerance
- Fluency in English and good command of Arabic; German is an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Iraq.
The security situation is critically tense. It requires continuous monitoring and special security risk mitigation measures for GIZ staff. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the country-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is severely restricted. It is not possible for life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.