Our client, a Primary Government Contractor, is looking for a Dentist to fill a position located in Balad, Iraq. This position is on a 60 / 60 rotation, 60 days in Iraq, then 60 days home.
- The Dentist will be assigned to treat patients in a clinic or hospital setting.
- The Dentist will diagnose and treat problems with teeth and tissues in the mouth, along with giving advice and administering care to help prevent future problems.
- They will provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care.
- They will remove tooth decay, fill cavities, straighten teeth, perform extractions, and repair fractured teeth.
- They will also perform limited corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases.
- They also administer anesthetics and write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- In addition, settings may require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or CONUS. Dentists provide a U.S. standard of care for our patient care / treatment model.
- All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard.
- Graduate of an accredited Dental School in the United States.
- Three (3) years’ experience.
- Hold and maintain a current unrestricted U.S. (State) Dental License.
- Have and maintain current certification Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Participate in training, (including HIPAA training).
- Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver’s License.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Requires a corporate background check, and a favorably adjudicated investigation if required by contract.
- All health care providers, dental and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least 6 months out of the past year.
- Complete a Foreign Affairs training course prior to deployment.
- Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
- Work hours are based on 45 hr. work week, 9 hours a day 5 days a week.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical / biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior / office work environment; travel in Iraq is required by surface or air.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
- Address Balad