Position Title: Deputy Executive Director
Appointment Title: Full-time Employee
Contract Length: 12 Months Renewable Contract
Reporting To: Executive Director
Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq. Travel within KRG and Federal Iraq may be required as necessary.
The Deputy Executive Director is responsible for supporting the Executive Director in managing the organization effectively and ensuring the implementation of The Station’s approved general policy. He/she will also work as HQ branch’s manager and reporting directly to the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for providing leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Executive Director and staff.
- Ensure the organization’s vision and mission are well identified and that activities implemented support them.
- Supporting the Executive Director to continuously developing The Station’s capacity, providing solutions to any challenges faced.
- Regularly follow up with all departments regarding policies, activities and staff progress.
- Working with the ED to Develop and implement the internal documents for the organization, such as the procurement, communications policy, and annual strategic objectives.
- With the participation of relevant departments, plan and finalize the annual plan and budget, and the means of ensuring its execution effectively, with all goals and objectives achieved.
- Act as the organization’s representative when meeting with senior level actors from donors, companies, NGOs and government officials, etc.
- Follow up with all managers regarding new key developments, updates on ongoing activities and any other important and/or urgent matters.
- Alongside the ED and HR, ensure all staff members are compliant with the rules and regulations put in place and that appropriate action is taken when necessary.
- Oversee the development of any fundraising efforts by the Communication and Outreach Department.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Required Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Deep understanding of financial strategies.
- Experience working with Board of Directors.
- Possess leadership quality; able to impose rules and regulations effectively.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a management position.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of our policies, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have fluent written and spoken English and Arabic. Additional languages are desired.
- Address Baghdad, Iraq
- How to apply Please Send your Resume and Cover Letter to this Email: [email protected]