The Deputy Finance Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programme on financial monitoring and reporting to donors and developing capacity of finance staff. This position is mainly responsible for developing capacity of finance staff in Country office as well as in the project offices and monitoring and reporting to NPA management and the donors for all NPA MAD projects in Iraq. This position involves in budget preparation, budget analysis against actual monthly expenditure, monitoring donor compliance on budget monitoring as well as financial documents, update and follow-up the changes in the project budgets and audit.
- Work within the framework of NPA’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and good conduct.
- Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, you will be liable for repair or replacement.
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care.
- Ensure a safe workplace and protect property and equipment from damage.
- Contribute to methodology development.
- Any other task or duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet by ensuring prompt preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations (TBR).
- Managing the cash flow and ensuring there is adequate cash in-country for activities/operations.
- Assist to FM for accuracy and timely donor financial reporting, financial analysis, and other financial related reports
- Assist FM in preparation and analysis of Shared Support Cost (SSC)
- Assist FM to update budget monitoring tool and analyse the monthly expenses against approved budget and ensure the donor regulations are followed in the monthly expenses.
- Maintain filing system, financial records, and financial system, which conform to the NPA’s accounting standards and practices.
- Review and feedback of quality of financial transactions, vouchers and the supporting documents in line with NPA’s accounting standards and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Develop the capacity of the finance staff on financial accounting and financial management.
- Travel to the project offices and develop the capacity of finance staff in donor regulations.
- Contribute to the development of support costs management and monitor the support budget based on NPA fair-share regulations.
- Ensure that all NPA MAD Iraq latest project budgets are uploaded to accounting system using NPA budgeting tools.
- Advise and guide the financial part of the projects in the budget preparation, planner and budget monitoring with Budget Holders and Senior Finance Officers
- Coordinate with FOs and SFOs on the monthly cash flow request from HO to ensure that there are sufficient funds at the banks, and in cash, for smooth operation.
- Oversee monthly payroll disbursement and ensure timely calculation and payment of social security and tax to the authorities.
- Be a focal in-charge for annual and donor audits
- Supervise the monthly closing of accounts in line with finance checklist
- Acting as FM while FM is on leave
- Assist FM for audit process, DNGO reporting and response to other compliance requirements
- Supervise Finance Officers and Finance Assistant at Country office and make sure support and coordination to project offices are in place.
- The holder of the position is to abide by the policies set by Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA), the NPA Programme in Iraq and to represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
- Strictly adhere to NPA’s rules regarding the confidentiality of information.
- Five years’ experience within the humanitarian sector and in similar role.
- Experience in financial management: project monitoring, implementation of donor regulations, follow up and proven analytical skills is essential.
- Experience of working as a Financial Manager/ Senior Finance Management role in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Working of INGOs experience is a plus
- Significant experience with the financial management of government and agency grants and contracts, experience with donors, NMFA, GFFO, Canadian, French Foreign Ministry (FMA), US Government grants a plus.
- Willingness to travel to the field offices
- Experience of financial systems and structures development
- Experience in capacity development and training skills
- Practical experience of mainstreaming gender in development, advocacy or humanitarian work.
- Practical experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Working knowledge of Iraq, understanding of the social, political, and economic context.
- Previous experience in insecure environments, and able to work effectively under, and adapt to, difficult conditions.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Arabic are required.
- Very good computer skills essential, and advanced MS Excel knowledge is an asset
- Previous working experience with donor reporting is an advantage.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or accounting related qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills and the ability to make decisions.
- Systematic and organized in approach, with ability to work on own initiative including accuracy, consistency, and attention to detail, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to adapt to difficult and complex conditions and work in remote areas.
- Health suitable to working in possibly arduous conditions
- How to apply How to apply 1- Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs via [email protected] 2- The subject of the email should be EHR-24-002 3- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed 4- CVs must be in English Language. 5- NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. 6- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call. 7- Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply. 8- The Closing date is 14th February 2024.
- Job Reference EHR-24-002