Purpose of role:
Manage the day to day Fuel Operations of MASIL at Baghdad International Airport that includes, but are not limited to the management of fueller loading, driving safety, product quality, aircraft refuelling including misfuelling prevention, manpower management (respecting Fatigue requirements), sales, stock management, petty cash, data capture & inputs, documentation and operations compliance tasks, leading indicators report and defect reporting.
The Deputy Fuel Operations Manager will have good knowledge of airport operations, that includes specific areas such as Product Quality, HSSE, Engineering, People Management and Joint Ventures. The management of site Supervisors ensuring proper coordination between their shifts, confirming that right competence and skill levels are in place to all employees and developing a well-motivated team of staff at MASIL that is committed to safety, efficiency and teamwork are the key aspects of this role.
The Deputy Fuel Operations Manager will also take over the responsibilities of the Fuel Operations Manager in their absence.
- To consistently demonstrate high levels of professionalism, leadership and operational skills directing, steering and controlling every aspect of the day to day operations to MASIL Fuel staff setting an example as a role model for the competencies, skills and behaviours required for this post.
- To ensure that all customers’ aircraft are refuelled safely, on time, efficiently and in compliance with the JIG Standards and the Airport Ramp Safety rules. They will be the representative of MASIL Fuel to the customers, and other stakeholders and will ensure the relationships are well maintained and managed.
- To support and lead where appropriate the development and execution of operations integrity plans and projects at Baghdad International Airport contributing to maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders by demonstrating a professional attitude, good communications and deploying excellent service skills always.
- To regularly perform normal operational tasks observations including refuelling and depot operations, especially during peak hours of activity.
- To ensure / participate that process such as MoC (Management of Change), Self-Verifications , training programs, Ramp Safety Management, OMS plan implementation are robust in place.
- To ensure that all actions captured in the Actions Tracker Tool are properly addressed till the close out as agreed, acting and proposing solutions for continuous improvement and for Site Improvement Plans.
- To continuously seek ways to improve levels of performance and efficiency while reducing costs by optimising the use of equipment, facilities, staff, technology and training and without compromise to HSSE principles and practises.
- To support Fuel Operations Manager with all Carbon Neutral Initiatives for MASIL Fuel to help with the wider company strategy.
- To immediately respond to all emergencies and when required lead an emergency team by following the guidelines and procedures detailed in the emergency manual, including appropriately liaising with other emergency authorities, until more senior management staff is present.
- To be genuinely committed to all HSSE regulations and consistently demonstrate real care for personal health, site safety and the environment in daily operations. To actively apply HSSE practises and seek opportunities to prevent themselves, colleagues, and the environment from being harmed in any way. This HSSE single-mindedness is to be applied in actions as well as by words and thus demonstrating examples of HSSE as a core value.
- Permit Authority – in the absence of Fuel Operations Manager, to authorise non routine works by approving work permits and ensuring safe workplace environment for others including 3rd parties carrying out construction, maintenance or repair works within the depot. He / she must also participate in Risk Assessment exercises for all MASIL Fuel
- To actively ensure all important communications (Technical bulletins, Safety Flashes, HSSE and Operations Circulars) are clearly communicated to all staff and that these communications are thoroughly understood, with emphasis to HSSE, customers, stakeholders and operations efficiency.
- To immediately and accurately report all customer related incidents, including delays, so that the Fuel Operations Manager and marketing team can take proactive action as necessary.
- To maintain a timely and accurate log of all customer communications (face to face, phone calls and emails) and other relevant parties.
- To actively pursue personal development in competencies, skills and behaviours, identifying skills gaps seeking solutions to fill these gaps.
- To be the official HR interface for day to day related HR operational procedures for MASIL Fuel.
- To actively supervise, train and coach staff and actively encourage their development to ensure a highly skilled, flexible, HSSE Minded and well-motivated team.
- To be responsible for all monthly reports such a month / year end stocks closing, monthly HSSE KPI`s and monthly Leading Indicators information’s.
- To maintain good communications with Air bp marketing team and respond promptly to requests for information.
- To implement and manage International Trading Regulations ( ITR or similar ) for MASIL Fuel
- To ensure appropriate induction and work permits are completed to control visitors and 3rd Parties visiting or contractors working on the site.
- To perform relief Supervisors duties as at when necessary
- Provide assistance to the Fuel Operations Manager & Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining a planned maintenance system for all plant equipment and vehicles. Lead or direct operational staff to complete planned maintenance and repair of plant and equipment, on time and in full.
- To establish the relationship with all areas of Airport Authority, including pass section, immigration office, safety, projects and operations being the representative of MASIL Fuel in airport committees.
- To support Fuel Operations Manager in the delivery of budget site Reve and financial aspects.
The Deputy Fuel Operations Manager (Dy FOM) shall be available on site during the general shift work timings of MASIL five days a week Sunday through Thursday. The Fuel Operations Manager may modify this schedule appropriately to meet operational schedules from time to time.
The Deputy Fuel Operations Manager shall also be available to be contacted by site personnel round the clock in case of emergencies. He will also make himself available on short notice on site to manage any operational emergencies.
When deputed by the Fuel Operations Manager, the Dy FOM will attend meetings at MASIL and BP Offices or Iraqi Airways and Baghdad International Airport Departments as notified by relevant Airport Departments or General Manager, MASIL from time to time.
When deputed by the Fuel Operations Manager, the Dy FOM shall interface with the Operations Committee (OC), MASIL (OC) as laid out in the MASIL Operations Philosophy and implement the actions prescribed by the OC from time to time.
Where designated by the Fuel Operations Manager, the Dy. FOM shall interface with Air BP resources for delivery of the Technical Services Agreement between MASIL and Air BP.
- Address Iraq- Baghdad- Baghdad International Airport
- Salary Offer 1800$
- How to apply Compete Candidates can send their updated CV, with References (2-3) to the mentioned email: [email protected]