All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Deputy Protection Manager (DPT) position is aimed at supporting the Protection Manager in ensuring sound protection interventions for all projects in the duty station, regardless of the source of funds. The DPT will support in leading and coordinating the implementation of all protection activities (Case Management, Protection Monitoring, Legal Assistance, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support) implemented in the region with a strong focus on the management of day to day operations. S/he will support in the identification of training needs of the field protection staff, ensuring these are addressed through a tailored capacity building plan.
- Provide technical guidance and support to protection staff, ensuring quality in the implementation of activities and services as well as adherence to protection standards;
- Support field teams with the development of technically sound (yearly, monthly & weekly) work plans, consistent with the goals and objectives of the project;
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with colleagues to enhance synergies and ensure that intervention between the different project components is harmonized;
- Participate in the recruitment of project staff, provide objective feedback with regards to staff performance (evaluate performance and deliverables against job descriptions), expectations and areas for growth and professional development;
- Support the Protection Manger in identifying capacity building needs of protection staff, assessing their knowledge and skills and provide learning opportunities through training, workshops and/or simulation exercises; ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring;
- Support the Protection Manager in developing and/or updating protection tools and training material in order to meet project requirements;
- Contribute to the development of quality internal/external reports and project proposals, providing relevant protection data, insights and analysis;
- Ensure that INTERSOS data protection policies are shared, understood and upheld by all staff in compliance with the highest standards of privacy and confidentiality;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant partners, donors and other project stakeholders working in the project areas;
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services;
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings, as requested by the Protection Manager;
- Other duties as assigned or delegated by the Protection Manager – including supervision of staff upon written notice.
- Support the monitoring of the quality of legal assistance activities including legal awareness, legal counseling, legal assistance and court representation (including visiting activities in the field);
- Contribute to the revision of weekly and monthly planning of legal assistance activities prepared by the Legal Officer;
- Support the Protection Manager with the monthly analysis of the legal protection trends affecting the Ninewa Governorate for evidence-based advocacy.
- Support the monitoring of the quality of the protection monitoring activities through field visits and regular checks of databases and protection monitoring tools;
- Contribute to the revision of protection monitoring tools & methodology (Household Assessments, focus groups discussions, key informant interviews, etc.) and to their adaptation/modification according to emerging protection trends;
- Revise and provide input for technical analysis of the protection monitoring reports including protection trends affecting the Ninewa Governorate for evidence-based advocacy prepared and compiled by the Protection Monitoring Officers;
- Contribute to the revision of weekly and monthly planning of protection monitoring activities prepared by the protection monitoring Officer.
Case Management (CM)
- Contribute to the monthly monitoring of case management activities with the support of the Case Management Officer according to established Case Management Supervision Monitoring Tools, including spot-checks of the case management platform and through case audits;
- In collaboration with the Protection Manager, work closely with other organizations to ensure a smooth referral pathway;
- Contribute to the revision of weekly and monthly planning of CM activities prepared by the CM Officer.
- Support the monitoring of the quality of MHPSS activities including individual psychological counselling and group-based PSS in static and mobile locations
- Contribute to the revision of weekly and monthly planning of MHPSS activities prepared by the MHPSS Officer
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field;
- Minimum three years relevant professional experience in the protection sector (of which at least 1 year in a supervisory role)
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge in protection
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- How to apply For application, please click on "APPLY NOW". Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date