The Designer is responsible for visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. They develop the overall layout and production design for EventBox’s ceremonies, events, Exhibitions, and activities (theme, stage & indoor/outdoor visibility), advertisements, brochures, magazines, corporate reports, concepts and all other types of the online and printed design.
These designs will be required for a variety of products and activities, such as advertising, Booth, booklets, brochures, posters, computer product packaging, website graphic designs, exhibitions, and displays meeting with EventBox’s objectives.
Job Title: Designer
Work location: Erbil
Type of position: Full-time
• Develop graphics, logos, designs, and publications using software or hand based on requirements.
• They develop the overall layout and production design for EventBox`s ceremonies, events, Exhibitions, and activities (themes, booths, stages & indoor/outdoor visibility).
• Responsible for updates and/or management of materials that explain research results to policymakers, using content provided, including publications (e.g., bulletins, briefcases), event collateral (e.g. booklets, posters, banners, and signage), brochures, reports, high-level PowerPoint presentations; and other documents as requested;
• Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Deliberate creativity to bring in new ideas and concepts, drafting then presenting them.
• Collaborate with other departments, stakeholder relations, clients, etc.
• Amend designs after feedback when requested.
• Cooperation with external print houses on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
• Exhibition display designers create innovative and appealing display stands that meet aesthetic, budgetary, and practical requirements.
• Ensuring that projects meet specifications, keep within budget, and run to schedule
• Organizing and attending meetings whenever required.
• maintaining awareness of current creative trends and influences.
• Assist in display stands at exhibition venues.
• Handle production orders for materials and site services, e.g. electronics
• Travel to events to supervise work on site.
• Liaise with clients to discuss the brief (themes, ideas, or products to be promoted) and come up with creative and innovative ideas
• Discuss the brief and design concepts with the design team, finalize proposals and present these to clients in coordination with the marketing and sales team.
• Develop a genuine understanding of the client’s brand, products, needs, and objectives, as well as the motivations behind customers’ buying decisions.
• Create initial design sketches and computer-generated 2D and 3D visualizations, sometimes building models and prototypes.
• Produce accurate technical drawings for construction for different displays and exhibitions.
• Work on quotes – once the design brief and concept are established, the costs need to be calculated to make sure the project is financially viable.
• Perform other ad-hoc duties as and when required as per the nature of work.
• Bachelor’s degree in art and design, architecture, or a related field; Master’s preferred.
• Technical drawing skills and IT skills, particularly computer-aided design
• Creativity and imagination
• Commercial awareness and marketing skills
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and non-verbal communication skills,
• Excellent language skills in Kurdish, Arabic, and English will be an advantage,
• Dedicated, problem-solving ability and good interpersonal skills,
• Dependable and flexible in multitasking,
• Result-oriented skills with detailing and good quality of work,
• Commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace,
• Flexible with working hours, to work longer hours, including evenings or weekends, particularly in the run-up to an exhibition.
• It is an advantage to have knowledge in the following subjects (art and design, exhibition design, fine art, graphic design, interior, and spatial design, interior architecture and design, multimedia, theatre design, and visual arts).
• Flexible to attend meetings, conventions, training, and workshops outside duty station,
• Able to travel within the country and overseas.
- How to apply Application closing date: (November 10th, 2022). • Applicants may submit their CVs with a portfolio of their work to ([email protected]) • Please mention the vacancy title: [EB5 - Designer] in subject line of your email. • Email after the closing date will not be considered. • Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.