View more 9 hours ago
Overall Objective of the Job
The Technician is responsible for carrying out quick repairs and simple mechanical, bodywork, electrical repairs, or painting on a timely basis to a quality standard.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs accurate and timely maintenance and repairs according to the standards stated in the manufacturers’ manuals, checks lists and normal working practices.
- Completes all tasks within the time required and reports to the direct supervisor if it is likely to exceed the time limit.
- Ensures that safety regulations are well maintained and reports any unsafe situation in writing to the direct supervisor immediately upon detection.
- Keeps all tools and equipment of the workshop in a good condition and ensures they are well maintained at all times and returns them to the appropriate location when a relevant task is completed.
- Keeps the workshop clean and tidy at all times.
- Reports to the direct supervisor to clock off existing Job Card and requests new Job Card (except at end of shift) as soon as work required has been completed.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Identifies mechanical problems of cars manually or by means of computerized diagnostic tools.
- Informs clients on work performed, overall condition of vehicle and future repair requirements.
- Carries out fault diagnosis to support and speed up vehicle servicing.
- Discusses relevant matters with customers as required and provides lucid explanations.
- Ensures vehicles are returned to customers after service in a neat and clean condition.
Vocational Certificate (Second Grade).
Minimum 1 year in the same field
- How to apply Submit your application to (email@example.com) including the position tile in the subject line.