Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women, and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam in Iraq
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
- Non-food-Items and Shelter
- Protection of lives and rights of civilians
- Gender Justice
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Advocacy and Media work
The Digital Platform Assistant will work under the Masarouna Project, which is part of the Program department of Oxfam. Masarouna mobilizes the power of young people in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), so they can enjoy their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). The Masarouna project in Iraq is implemented by Oxfam in collaboration with 3 local partners in addition to networks of youth organizations. Together we are forging new pathways through lobbying, advocating, and strengthening civil society. The position reports to the Project Manager.
In a context where securing Reproductive Health and Rights is challenging, the Masarouna “Our Pathway” program will mobilize the power of young people (YP) for collective action to support their access to SRHR and to achieve greater freedom of choice and respect for their SRHR. The Digital platform aims to raise awareness around reproductive health and harmful practices, to promote a society where young people can develop healthily and safely. The digital platform assistant, together with a digital platform officer, will be the main lead on the activities under the digital platform. Supervised by the Masarouna project manager, the digital platform team will follow up on the platform’s qualitative content creation, the maintenance of the website, the improvement of tested website technical aspects, the attraction of new content creators, the maintained digital engagement with web-users and so forth.
|As per Oxfam salary scale
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week.
|This role reports to:
|Masarouna Project Manager
|Staff reporting to this post:
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):
|All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter-terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
- Assist in the planning, design, and coordination of activities under the digital platform, informed by the digital platform’s digital engagement strategy.
- Support the platform officer in the attraction and maintaining of content creators contributing to the website’s context.
- Continuously support the platform officer in the building and maintaining of a network of experts, contributors, and website users in order to maintain the platform’s high relevance.
- Assist in the coordination of new website content by facilitating content creation, content review, translation, and so forth.
- Assists in the platform’s online interaction by channelling messages, answering queries, monitoring reactions, and gathering feedback, maintaining a positive, safe, and respectful online environment.
- Stays abreast of developments in the social, cultural, medical, and legal sphere surrounding the SRHR topic and shares new insights with the team members and others as per need.
- Assist the platform officer and the project manager in organizing workshops, seminars, and marketing events to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, financiers, academia, government agencies, humanitarian actors, donors, and other stakeholders to network for mutual benefit, advocate for more local innovation, and promote the digital transformation.
- Provides logistical support in relation to the platform’s maintenance.
- Provides logistical support in aspects related to content creation.
- Assists in the processing of logistical and financial documents.
- Assists in the processing of logistical requests in the online filing system.
- Any other task as per need.
M&E, Communication and Reporting
- Assists in the organising of events related to the digital platform, together with the Masarouna project manager and the digital platform officer.
- Assists in reporting duties related to the digital platform.
skills, experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Innovation Management, or any related degree.
- At least 1 years of relevant experience in the field of digital engagement
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interest in issues related to SRHR.
- Excellent commination and writing skills, able to synthesize information from various sources and produce high-quality reports/papers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft office tools (PPT, Excel, word, virtual meeting/workshops tools, ) Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
- A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills
- Fluent in Kurdish, and English is a must, fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Experience working with and supporting Innovation projects
- Experience in digital projects is a real added advantage.
- Experience working in or understanding the humanitarian context
- Out of the Box thinker
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam Salary Scale USD As per Oxfam Salary Scale Month
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
- Job Reference Digital Platform Assistant (INT10114)