Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women, and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam in Iraq
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
- Non-food-Items and Shelter
- Protection of lives and rights of civilians
- Gender Justice
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Advocacy and Media work
The Digital Platform Officer will work under the Masarouna Project, which is part of the Program department of Oxfam. Masarouna mobilizes the power of young people in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), so they can enjoy their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). The Masarouna project in Iraq is implemented by Oxfam in collaboration with 3 local partners in addition to networks of youth organizations. Together we are forging new pathways through lobbying, advocating, and strengthening civil society. The position report to the Project Manager.
In a context where securing Reproductive Health and Rights is challenging, the Masarouna “Our Pathway” program will mobilize the power of young people (YP) for collective action to support their access to SRHR and to achieve greater freedom of choice and respect for their SRHR. The Digital platform aims to raise awareness around reproductive health and harmful practices, to promote a society where young people can develop healthily and safely. The digital platform officer, together with a digital platform assistant, will be the main lead on the activities under the digital platform. Supervised by the Masarouna project manager, the digital platform lead will follow up on the platform’s qualitative content creation, the maintenance of the website, the improvement of tested website technical aspects, the attraction of new content creators, the maintained digital engagement with web-users and so forth.
|As per Oxfam salary scale
|Contract type:||Fixed term|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week.|
|This role reports to:||Masarouna Project Manager|
|Staff reporting to this post:||N/A|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be
screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to
comply with counter-terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
- Support in the planning, design, and coordination of activities under the digital platform, informed by the digital platform’s digital engagement strategy.
- Coordinate website maintenance regularly.
- Generate and design original and engaging written, image-led, and video content for the platform and the social media channels connected to the platform.
- Support in the attraction and maintaining of content creators contributing to the website’s context.
- Continuously support on the building and maintaining of a network of experts, contributors, and website users in order to maintain the platform’s high relevance.
- Support in the coordination of new website content by facilitating content creation, content review, translation, and so forth.
- Leads on editing online texts in English, Kurdish, and Arabic.
- Leads on the platform’s online interaction by channelling messages, answering queries, monitoring reactions, and gathering feedback, maintaining a positive, safe, and respectful online environment.
- Stays abreast of developments in the social, cultural, medical, and legal sphere surrounding the SRHR topic and shares new insights with the team members and others as per need.
- Take lead in organizing workshops, seminars, and marketing events to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, financiers, academia, government agencies, humanitarian actors, donors, and other stakeholders to network for mutual benefit, advocate for more local innovation, and promote the digital transformation.
- Support identifying potential partnerships with relevant stakeholders such as engineering universities and other maker-space or enterprise development centers in Iraq which could provide access to specific equipment, machines tool, and precision equipment and who offers complimentary professional training, coaching to the ones provided in house.
- Provides logistical support in relation to the platform’s maintenance.
- Provides logistical support in aspects related to content creation.
M&E, Communication and Reporting
- Leads on the platform’s promotion externally.
- Coordinates the organising of events related to the digital platform, together with the Masarouna project manager and the digital platform assistant.
- Supports in the contact with the project donor as per need.
- Supports in reporting duties related to the digital platform.
- Provides new and innovative ideas on the platform’s improvement, based on insights, user feedback, gathered data and so forth.
- Supports the project’s monitoring and evaluation efforts as per need.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Innovation Management, or any related degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the field of digital engagement
- Strong writing skills and digital editing skills.
- Proven report writing experience.
- Strong interest in issues related to SRHR.
- Experience in supporting innovation-related events such as pitching events, demo days, networking events,
- Excellent commination and writing skills, able to synthesize information from various sources and produce high-quality reports/papers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft office tools (PPT, Excel, word, virtual meeting/workshops tools, ) Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
- Strong interest in Innovations and digital solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills
- Fluent in Kurdish, and English is a must, fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
- Experience working with and supporting Innovation projects
- Experience in digital projects is a real added advantage.
- Experience working in or understanding the humanitarian context
- Has already an existing network of diverse actors operating in Iraq
- Good understanding of innovation and the issues and challenges around it.
- Familiar with new technology-based innovation and innovative approaches/methodologies
- Out of the Box thinker
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Deadline: 16 October 2023.
- Job Reference INT9943 - Digital Platform Officer