The American University of Kurdistan (AUK) invites applications for the position of Manager of Information Technology Services from persons who will provide distinguished leadership and management. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal, professional and scientific knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
AUK envisions becoming the leading institution in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills required for success in contemporary society and workplaces.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President for Administration and Finance of the University. The Manager maintains information technology strategies by managing staff and researching and implementing technological strategic solutions. As a senior officer, the Manager works closely and collaboratively with vice-presidents, deans, directors, division heads, faculty, and staff.
The Manager of Information Technology Service is in charge of effectively managing a variety of Information Technology-related projects for AUK. S/he leads a team of systems professionals to reach all University goals and organizing and overseeing all projects in the Office of Information Technology Services.
- Provide the visionary leadership in implementing information technology infrastructure.
- Implement University’s strategies and meet the objectives of the University units.
- Maintain the best practices and standards in the IT infrastructure, project deliveries, IT Support and help desk, and IT operations
- Select, establish, manage, and control IT providers (including managing contracts, MSA, SLA).
- Prepare reports on the progress of all major IT initiatives and any potential issues.
- Serve as an active member of the Administrative Council.
- Align the IT team with University performance objectives (KPIs, development goals, etc.)
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet University and system requirements.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
- Work with System Administration team in managing University’s IT infrastructure, departmental printing, and file and application servers.
- Assist with data center infrastructure maintenance and documentation.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop, review, and implement all IT policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Develop and implement objectives for the unit as defined by the institutional strategic plan.
- Develop and implement assessment mechanisms and support creating the culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned by the University.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent professional experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience or serving in a lead role directing a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware and software; demonstrated knowledge of Windows, Mac environments, TCP/IP networking and network applications, installation of software, and account provisioning.
- Dependable work history, willing and able to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated understanding of process workflow as it relates to helpdesk operations, ticketing systems, and inventory management.
- Ability to communicate technical issues easily to a wide audience with varying levels of IT knowledge demonstrating a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience writing system documentation for support staff as well as end users.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive data or activities.
- Experience supporting desktop scientific applications in a life science research environment.
- Experience with video conferencing systems.
- Experience implementing automated software installation systems.
- Experience managing a large heterogeneous desktop computing environment, integrating Windows, Linux, and Mac.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by xxx and include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae and three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Manager of Information Technology” to Human Resources ([email protected]).