The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Dispatcher 1
Duty Station: Iraq – Najaf Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Logistic site manager 2
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 22th of April 2021
Deadline for applications: 02nd of May 2021
Dispatcher is preparing the sub delegation movements plans, dispatching vehicles to the filed in a safe, economical and objective-driven manner, organizes drivers’ assignments, and additional task of spare parts stock management.
- Independently works to ensure that the fleet is used in a rational manner;
- Ensures that COVID-19 preventive measures related to vehicle usage are always respected and strictly followed, such as transportation of suspected or confirmed cases guideline, number of passengers per vehicle, and hygiene items/disinfectant materials are always available for use;
- Assigns Vehicles in accordance with each trip’s requirements and the geographical condition of the area and roads up to the destination;
- Monitors field-trips and ensures it is corresponding to the approved Weekly Movements Plan (WMP), Vehicles logbooks and Fleet Wave system records;
- Prepares and shares accidents reports in due time and with all concerned;
- Drivers’ team is effectively managed, and all are able to carry out their respective tasks and responsibilities as planned;
- Organizes and plans drivers’ duties, rotation schedules, holidays, objectives and assignments;
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision;
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under his supervision, but also other staff members.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Secondary school or technical/professional school diploma.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- Good computer skills including MS applications.
- Driving license B.
- How to apply All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period. NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).