Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Control Lead in Basra, Iraq on 28/28 rotation.
- Responsible for management of data and documentation on behalf of M&E / OPS and ensuring a visible Operational document control identity
- Responsible for developing a simple structure for filing, recording and tracking critical information as part of the M&E/OPS “OMS Lite document management system.
- Responsible for developing a set of managenet rules and principles for the lifecycle of documents & drawings
- Responsible for developing and maintaining KPI’s and assurance metrics for document management
- Responsible for the quality and co-ordination of all work processes followed by the M&E/OPS DCC.
- Responsible for the management of data and documentation on behalf of M&E/OPS.
- Responsible for the ongoing storage of internal company documentation, including Operations Management System related records.
- Information and Documentation are receipted, tracked and transmitted in a timely manner
- Activities are completed in accordance with Company processes and procedures
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Supervises all activities in the M&E/OPS DCC.
- Identifies resource requirements; personnel and equipment/software for developing & implementing the M&E/OPS “OMS Lite”
- Implement a consistent editorial format for created information.
- Set expectations in M&E/OPS with regard to document control & document update expectations.
- Liaise with Major Projects on an integrated approach for P&ID numbering & update.
- Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company standards and specifications
- Allocates and prioritises work within the M&E/OPS DCC team.
- Monitors and reports job/work status and workloads to the M&E Engineering Manager, with any appropriate recommendations
- Ensures that where contractual arrangements exist, work is carried out in accordance with contract procedures
- Contributes to the development and management of department work practices, for example in-house documentation specifications, preferred terms etc
- Assists in the maintenance of controlled, uncontrolled documentation and data, including document management files and work generated either internally by ROO, or externally by clients and held within the DCC
- Populates ROO M&E “OMS Lite”Maintains work flow of documents. Receives and distributes documents and amendments to documentation
- Ensures transmittal and receipt of draft documents in line with company procedures
- Maintains documentation records, databases and filing systems to provide accurate records of document status
- Initiates document reviews and chases up non-conformance of receipt of documents and amendments as per ROO document control standards and procedures
- Ensures document target turnaround target dates are met
- Performs all necessary administration to ensure that the progress of items is tracked at all times and that an audit trail is maintained
- Coaches and mentors subordinate M&E/OPS DCC personnel
- Undertakes performance management of subordinate M&E/OPS DCC personnel
- Demonstrates understanding of and works to discipline and / or project specific procedures and provides feedback for continuous improvement
- Participates in audits as required of processes and lifecycle management to ensure ongoing compliance
- Establish IMDC policy, processes and procedures, including full document lifecycle management
- Build Operations Portal for user-friendly access
- Maintains communication and interfaces with the M&E Engineering Manager, Engineering Discipline Leads and other department leads accessing the “OMS Lite” system.
- Provides weekly workload reports to M&E Engineering Manager
- Highlights potential production problems in a timely and efficient manner to the M&E Engineering Manager
- Liaises with colleagues of all levels as dictated by the requirements of the individual projects
- Has the authority to reject work if it is not of the required standard in order to improve the quality of deliverables and acting as a gatekeeper for document submittals.
- Co-ordinates and tracks their own and their teams’ work. Is responsible for the quality of work produced by subordinates and for monitoring time expended on delegated work
- Communicates and co-operates with external stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Acts as M&E focal point for document issuing, update and control subjects
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority
- Decision Making: Decides on prioritisation of all activities under their jurisdiction
- Problem Solving: Responding to client’s telephone or e-mail queries of a miscellaneous nature as part of the ongoing management of documentation
- Influence: Recommends in conjunction with the M&E Engineering Manager, working methodologies to drive efficiency
Skills / Qualifications
- Administration qualification preferable
- Higher general education
- RGU Document Control Foundation
- Minimum of 10 years in an information and document handling environment involving library duties, database maintenance and issuing of documents.
- Project and Operations related document control experience
- Lead or supervisory experience
- Demonstrable appropriate experience at relevant level and position
- Able to apply Document Control process and procedure in a practical context
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of online documentation systems and structure
- Demonstrable job co-ordination and administration skills
- Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Previous Middle East experience is preferred.
Personal Attributes & Capabilities:
- Managing People
- Managing Resources
- Communication – strong communications skills and client focused
- Job Co-ordination:
Planning and reporting
Prioritisation and allocation of work
Delegation of tasks and co-ordination of work
Training of colleagues
Ability to identify and achieve project milestones and goals via project planning and management techniques
In-depth knowledge of the production process required for each project, the timeframes involved and any potential problems
- DCC Demonstrable organisational skills
- Thorough familiarity with the format and structure of technical documentation/information
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!