DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
The role of Drilling Performance Engineer is to lead all performance measurement and performance improvement initiatives in DNO Kurdistan drilling and completion.
- Manage the iQx Lessons Learned system such that best practice is captured and shared across rig teams.
- Run after-action Reviews (AAR’s) of key operations and wells.
- Set up and manage performance workshops such as DWOP, CWOP etc.
- Build performance databases, establish trends, set KPI’s, measure and report.
- Benchmark operations and transfer best practices across rigs teams.
- Attend on site to observe key operations, collect data, measure and optimize.
- Prepare and maintain performance Dashboard(s).
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Build and maintain the drill bit performance and inventory data base.
- Act as Contract Holder for the drill bit contract(s). Run tender exercise as required.
- QC daily rig reports for performance related data and ensure standardization.
- QC the data going into the Wellview database and optimize the output from Wellview to support Performance improvement initiatives.
- Investigate new technologies – identify, assess, recommend, support implementation.
- Maintain a record of all contracts – start and end dates, ACV, spend, tender cycles and status.
- Carry our performance improvement studies and projects as requested.
- Coordinate external studies in the Performance Improvement area.
- Prepare and manage Action Trackers created as a result of the Performance Improvement initiatives, publish and drive responsible action parties for closure.
- Maintain the Long Lead equipment tracker, coordinate with Engineers and Supply Chain, facilitate monthly review meetings.
Required Qualification & experience:
- 5-8 years field and office experience in drilling operations.
- Solid onshore drilling exposure.
- Exposure to drilling optimization, performance improvement etc.
- Engineering degree.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team player, sharing ideas with other team members.
- Excellent computer and software skills.
- Good English language skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good data management skills.
- Well organized, able to prioritize.
The role will be based in Erbil office in Kurdistan, reporting to the Chief Drilling Engineer. The work schedule will be rotational type i.e. 28 days on / 28 days off for a fixed term duration of 12 months, extendable. Interested candidates kindly apply with thier PDF version CVs.