Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
|Title of Post||Driver||Category/grade||Local Individual|
|Contractor, LICA 2|
|Post Number||Not Applicable.||Type of contract||UNOPs|
|Location||Kirkuk, Iraq||Date of Issue||05 April 2021|
|Effective date of||As soon as possible||Closing Date||18 April 2021|
ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING, WORK RELATIONSHIPS and OPERATIONAL CONTEXT:
The Driver will be part of the drivers’ capacity for daily fleet movement, this position will be supervised directly by the Administrative Associate/Assistant of the office. He/she is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and established by the organization. While basic function of a Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, he/she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles. And may perform clerical and other support services that deem necessary for office administration. The driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR office and with others (including partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving limited exchange of information.
Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organization. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential and Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant job experience with completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher.
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English, and working knowledge of one of the local languages (Arabic and Kurdish).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Working experience in organisations and companies.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills.
- * DV-Driving Rules and Regulations.
- DV-Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills. (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Technological Awareness.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position1 and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the ccountry.
A competitive compensation and benefits package are offered.
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, updated / signed Personal History Form through the online portal at https://www.unhcr.org/iraq-jobs/.
- Completed and relevant university education can count as maximum 50% of the required years of work experience.
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet can also be downloaded from the portal. No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a driving test and oral interview. Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Refugees – who cares? We Do