The driver works under the direct supervision of the Security Advisor Iraq (his/her line manager) and will be responsible for the transportation of forumZFD members, carrying out basic fleet management, maintenance of forumZFD premises and other relevant tasks.
To transport forumZFD members safely to their respective destinations and support forumZFD Iraq to carry out fleet management, maintenance of forumZFD premises and other relevant tasks to ensure smooth operation of the organization in Erbil and Ninewa Governorate.
Activities and Tasks
- Drive forumZFD staff members safely to their respective destinations in forumZFD vehicles, at their request or as per request by the line manager, including airport pickups and trips to all forumZFD project intervention areas, inside and outside the KRI (for example Baghdad and Ninewa Governorate).
- Maintain and update the relevant forms (vehicle log books, vehicle ledger and other relevant fleet management forms) assigned to each of the forumZFD vehicles and submit them to the respective line manager at the end of each month.
- Check weekly vehicle schedule for the office (missions, transportation needs), prepare necessary plans/arrangements and reports on changes.
- Be at forumZFD’s disposal at least for 8 hours per day/40 hours per week including weekends, holidays, evenings & overnights (unless otherwise instructed by forumZFD management) – as per the schedule provided by the manager on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the vehicle(s) allocated are checked and maintained on a daily basis concerning fuel, water, oil and other fluids, tyre pressure and any repair requirements.
- Perform general check-up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tyre pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, safety standard kit and repair standard kit) to make sure the car is roadworthy prior to starting the shift.
- Ensure that the vehicles are always at minimum half a tank and to re-fuel when necessary, in coordination with the line manager.
- Ensure that all equipment and accessories are in good order.
- Ensure that allocated vehicles are kept clean and the interiors tidy.
- Report any accident or driving incident, even minor, to the forumZFD Iraq management as quickly as possible and complete necessary reports.
- Inform forumZFD management in case of any detected damages or defects on the vehicles.
- Suggest and report on appropriate services or repairs.
- Obey all road traffic regulations, including the wearing of seat belts.
- Assist the forumZFD office with clerical/administrative duties as required; however, driving duties or tasks take priority.
- Carry out any delivery or collection duties as may be necessary.
- Maintain the premises of forumZFD, especially the office generator and carry out and if necessary supervise minor maintenance jobs carried out at the office by external parties (electricians, painters, plumbers, etc..).
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of forumZFD’s work and optimize the functioning of the office, such as replacing absent colleagues, carrying out administrative tasks, etc.
In addition to the above, the driver may be asked to carry out other related duties as requested by the supervisor based on need and agreement.
This position is based Erbil Governorate with frequent visits to Ninewa Governorate.
- Minimum of three-year professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organization driving manual and automatic vehicles.
- National driver based in Erbil or K.R.I with very good knowledge of the context in KRI and Iraq.
- Valid driving licensee and driving experience in remote areas, especially outside of the KRI.
- Must be familiar with traffic rules and regulation.
- Good communication skills (reading, writing and speaking).
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic language skills and good English language skills are an asset.
- Willingness to work in remote areas when required.
- Patient, with a good understanding of safety measures.
- Desirable previous fleet management experience, such as fuel reports and vehicle maintenance reports.
- Basic fleet management skills such as completing the vehicle logbooks.
- Desirable technical expertise in vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Desirable maintenance experience of premises, generator and other relevant equipment.
- Basic experience in first aid.
- Able to establish and maintain networks.
- The Driver must be eligible to work in the KRI and the Republic of Iraq.
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changed circumstances and needs is required.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Commitment to and understanding of forumZFD aims, values and principles.
- How to apply forumZFD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. We offer an attractive position with fixed term contract in a growing German Peacebuilding-NGO. In addition, a competitive salary with the possibility of further qualification and professional growth as well as friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard. The applicants must be sure that they are legally authorized to work in Iraq/K.R.I., especially in Erbil, Baghdad and Ninewa Governorate. The short-listed candidates will be asked a copy of their working permit/residency card. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The interested candidates are kindly requested to submit the following until 20. June 2022: Letter of interest The CV of the candidate Relevant references Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The application needs to be submitted to (in PDF format): forumZFD Iraq office Erbil via Email: [email protected] with "Driver" in the subject. We are looking forward to your application!