Objectives of the position:
arche noVa is looking for a responsible, organized, and safety-conscious driver to join our team. In this role, the driver is responsible for all routine logistical transportation requirements within the AN office while ensuring that the organization’s security procedures are maintained, and the staff’s safety is ensured accordingly. This is especially important when traveling to high-risk areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving AN’s personnel to the project, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits as well as to the field offices.
- Providing a vehicle suitable for the project area terrain and ensuring the readiness of the vehicle for transport services through timely mechanical check-ups and maintenance, as well as regularly checking oil, water, fuel, tires, and vehicle equipment, and conducting the daily safety and security inspections before driving as per AN’s Security SOPs.
- Coordinating with the Security Officer and Logistics Coordinator in Erbil, when planning routes as well as reporting on movements at all times to the Security team, as per ANs Security SOPs.
- Ensuring AN visibility on the vehicle, as and when required/advised, as per the AN Security Advisor.
- Ensuring that the vehicle has the necessary first aid kits, fire extinguisher, spare tire, tools, etc. for any emergency or break-down situation, while also ensuring that communication devices are charged and topped up with sufficient credit at all times before any trip.
- While driving, observe all organizational safety policies and in-country traffic laws, particularly about speed limits and seat belts.
- Acting as the main communication point on behalf of AN at all checkpoints while driving AN staff and maintaining a professional and courteous manner while being a representative of AN at all times.
- Maintaining up-to-date record-keeping systems for vehicle issues, as well as daily mileage records and logbooks, with all the necessary authorized signatures and trip descriptions.
- Keeping the vehicle interior and exterior clean and maintained at all times.
- Being aware of AN Safety and Security regulations and SOPs.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of driving experience with a valid driving license, (Public Driving License).
- Experience working in international NGOs is preferred.
- A Diploma/ High school degree,
- Ability to work efficiently, under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the geographical areas covered by the AN Erbil Office projects.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural, and gender differences.
- Fluency in Kurdish is required. Knowledge of Arabic and English is an advantage.
- How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and a cover letter to: [email protected] Applications without the subject line "Driver" will not be considered. CV and Cover letter with links or images/jpg will be disregarded. PDF and Word files will be accepted. The final selection of the position is subject to the donor's approval. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. arche noVa (AN) reserves the right to hire before the deadline which means the interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. At the same time, AN reserves the right to not fill the position or cancel the position. Further information: www.arche-nova.org