The position of Driver is based in Duhok Office. The driver shall be responsible for safely transporting NRC staff and equipment/materials to approved destinations.
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents, and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods, and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns, and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical, driver, and vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state, etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during training and workshops
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets NRC safety and security standards
- Facilitate movements of personnel and goods
- The driver should adhere to working hours, which are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Six days per week) or per the driver and movement manager’s order.
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicate with impact and respect
2. Professional competencies
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- High school graduate
- Geographical area knowledge
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish languages
- The driver has to be flexible during the work hours based on the assigned shift (morning or evening) as follows: 08:00 am, to 4:00 pm or 04:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Duty Station: Duhok- Iraq
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: G2/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- NRC is an equal-opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- For more information please read the Job Description.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs