- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical, drivers and vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager/direct supervisor, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets NRC safety and security standards
- Facilitate movements of personal and good
- Be flexible to work any shift during the 24 hrs day i.e. 08.00AM-4.00PM; 04.00PM – 12.00AM; 12.00AM- 08.00AM including weekends and public holidays.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Contract Duration11months ( with the possibility of extension)
- Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq with Travelling
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- For more information please read Job Description