Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a E&I Construction Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position so we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
Brief Description of roles and responsibilities:
- To liaise with the Client’s In-Country Team.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying, and resolving issues with Construction Contractor by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day-to-day issues.
- Ensure compliance with workpack for project execution at site. Raise query (if any) on workpack to engineering team proactively.
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports as requested.
- Review and acceptance of final E & I system handover documentation on behalf of the project.
- Plan, assist in direction and execution of E & I work, including equipment in the field, to meet project objectives.
- Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installations of all electrical and instrumentation equipment and support systems in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Assist construction personnel with general technical details.
- Ensures that all FAT / SAT and other tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Interpret equipment vendor drawings and manuals, P&ID’s, Schematic diagrams, interconnection diagrams, loop diagrams, layout drawings, cable schedule, cause & effect diagrams, typical installation and hook-up diagrams.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems, coordinates application of solutions.
- Provide support on material availability to the construction contractor, liaise with material co-ordinator and engineering team (as required).
- Able to review construction method statements, ITPs, MTCs, check lists.
- Provide required support during pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Previous experience of Emerson DeltaV plant ICSS, pre-commissioning and commissioning, will be an added advantage.
- Ensure project schedules are being met.
- Interact with all subcontractors during construction phase of a project.
Skills / Qualifications
BSc, BEng or equivalent in Electrical.
- 5+ year of relevant experience in oil & gas industry.
- Electrical or Instrumentation Background.
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills.
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Able to motivate the EPC contractor on the importance of safety.
- Familiar with ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Willing to implement new initiatives, open to new ideas, can move innovative ideas to successful outcomes.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Construction Supervisory experience essential.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant.
- Open thinker and innovator.
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Must be able to communicate in English and Arabic – written and spoken.
- Manage Contractor(s).
- Close interaction with Contractors HSE Manager.
- Risk Assessment.
- SIMOPS and SAFOPS
- Manage Construction aspects of Contract.
- Ensure Safe delivery of Project Scopes.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!