OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Technical Head of Program of the Mashriq Program, the Regional Specialist contributes within the 5 countries of the program to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in the field of early child development (ECD). He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the countries, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. He/she shares with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
HI MASRIQ has been engaging in early child development since 2017, first from newborn and child health perspective only and then within a multi-sector approach, in line with the WHO Nurturing Care Framework, involving also mainly parenting and early learning. HI currently implements 7 projects in Jordan, Egypt and Palestine, while seeking to develop interventions in Lebanon and possibly in Iraq.
The main goals of the position are:
- Support projects’ implementation and internal capacity building, with focus on mutual learning and harmonization of models and tools, whenever appropriate;
- Establish and lead the working group / CoP on the application of the Nurturing Care Framework for multi-sector programming within Mashriq;
- Lead the design and implementation of need assessments, surveys, situation analyses and/or research studies in the field of ECD, in collaboration with the concerned country teams.
- Support definition of context appropriate pilot ECD models in HI interventions
- Advocate for inclusive ECD (inclusive = disability and developmental delay) with main ECD actors and stakeholders at country and regional level
- Support advocacy and support to ECD strategy at ministerial level and/or task force / working group level
Mission 1: Expertise
1.1 Contributes to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies
- Provides sectorial technical input to the StratOps of the Programmes within his/her scope and in ECD sector , in line with the global StraTech and ensure relevant follow up
1.2 Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in his/her sectorial scope
- Provides adequate technical guidance and support to Project Managers when relevant (adapt standards to PM’s tools, contribute to proposal writing and reporting) in line with strategies, standards and mandatory transversal approaches.
- Ensures adequate support to multi sector responses within projects, in line with the other specialists
- Ensures a local sectorial watch, best practices to adopt within his/her sectorial scope
- Contributes to recruitment and briefing when relevant.
1.3 Ensures technical learning from projects
- Contribute to projects’ capitalization and ensure technical learning from projects within his/her sectorial scope
1.4 Ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmes under his/her scope
- Ensure regular technical quality control of projects and programmes and issue warnings and recommendations
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations, if applicable, in his/her sectorial scope
1.5 Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
1.6 Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in his/her sectorial scope
- Suggest and steer technical innovation projects
- Identify the priorities of Research and Studies and steer R&S
1.7 Contributes to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation
- Contribute to the global animation of the professional channels under his sectorial scope coming from the Technical Divisions (community of practice…)
- Animate a local talent pool in his sectorial scope (carry out technical interviews of candidates and produce recommendations, identify needs regarding trainings)
Mission 2. Influence
Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope
- Represent the technical expertise of HI throughout the local relevant networks
- Contribute to advocacy on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities
- Contribute to communication messages locally in line with the global communication priorities
Mission 3. Business development
Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope
- Contributes to the context analysis in his sectorial scope
- Contributes to the design and writing of new projects in the region and when asked in other countries within the Geographic Division
- Identify & transform major opportunities in the region under his scope
- Contributes to the conception of major projects (multiple countries, one theme) or of new projects in the region
- Identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, Institutions, Companies on technical priorities or important topics in the region under his sectorial scope
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have:
- Master degree relevant to at least one of the ECD domain (newborn and child health or early learning or family and child social work) and practical experience in at least two ECD domains;
- Qualifications and/or proven experience working with children with developmental delays and disabilities and their families;
- At least 5 years experience in ECD programs in low and middle income countries; international experience outside her/his home country is mandatory; working experience in the middle east is an asset; working in regional position is an asset;
- At least 1 year experience in project management
- Experience in advocacy and strategy development at ministerial and/or working groups level
- Experience in establishing Community of Practice or alternative mechanisms for mutual learning
- Ability to travel in all Mashriq countries (Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan)
- Experience in early detection of developmental delays is an asset
- Experience in inclusive case management is an asset
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer.
It welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and is ready to provide reasonable accommodation for their specific needs.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
The candidate or his/her representative must let the HR representative know that s/he needs an adjustment or change at the test and the interview for a reason related to a medical condition by sending a request for accommodation at the email mentioned below.
By applying to this position, you give to HI recruitment team the consent to get a reference check about you with respect to the misconduct disclosure scheme.
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from females and persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before 27th Dec 2023 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ-ERB- ECDS-726 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered.
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ-ERB- ECDS-726