An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with proven project management experience to join our operational programme in Iraq within Eurasia and North Africa team.
The Project Officer will work under the line management of the Program Director to provide necessary expertise, input and support for project cycle management, programmatic development and resource mobilisation. A primary focus will be the subject/theme of Climate Change and how it can be integrated into related sectors, approaches and themes. The project officer will provide technical support for Economic & Environmental Sustainability (EES), DRR, Climate resilient and sustainable livelihoods programming.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree and/or equivalent in a relevant field such as social sciences or development studies; or equivalent level of professional experience and competence
- 5 years of experience in DRR and Livelihood in a similar position is required.
- Experience in implementing Disaster Risk Reduction/Management projects at community level.
- Proven experience of working in an INGO or NGO with diverse and medium to high compliance projects and donors;
- Proven experience of working with diverse stakeholders at organisational
- Experience of working in a humanitarian and development context with institutional donors such as ECHO ,USAID, MOFAs, GIZ, Pooled Fund, GAC, etc.
- Ability in capacity development of local partner organisations.
- Ability in project cycle management and evaluation, and in budget development and management
- Implementing and working in accordance with corporate structures, policies and practices.
- Experience in delivering training or mentoring others in good programme practice.
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Ability to gain respect of church leaders and managers of partner organisations
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good IT skills (Google documents, Google mail, Excel and Word)
If the above describes you then please have a look at the attached and do apply!
The position will be based in Basra, Iraq with frequent travel to the project locations and TF Offices.
National candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must therefore possess a valid passport/ visa stating the right to live and work in Iraq.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
- Address Basra, Iraq
- Job Reference 2853