Requisition ID: req41992
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Cash Officer – Anbar
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Anbar, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC’s assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Mosul. Baghdad, Kirkuk SAD, and Anbar.
The Economic Recovery and Development cash Officer is a short-term IRC position working to improve multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA) of families affected by conflict in Iraq with access to basic needs linked with protection services. Supervised by the ERD Sr. officer and will work closely with the ERD team. This program aims to improve people’s living to meet their basic needs through MPCA for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
As a key member of the ERD program, the ERD Cash Officer will carry out beneficiary identification and registration process, assist in setting up cash distribution as well as ensuring community involvement and participation in the whole project cycle.
The position’s main goals and objectives are;
- To participate in the implementation of cash Relief programming in the assigned area.
- To ensure communities are aware and participate in IRC program processes and cash assistance programming.
- Close cooperation with Protection department of IRC.
Location of Work: Anbar Governorate with flexibility to travel to all districts of Anbar.
- Participate in community mobilization, beneficiary assessments, in accordance with program guidelines, IRC policies and code of conduct.
- Assist in the preparation of cash distribution documents in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Supervise the collection of price monitoring data on a regular basis and share the information with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in needs assessments, market assessments and any related surveys meant to inform Cash Relief programming.
- Assist in site selection, site preparation, crowd control and cash distribution.
- Attending information sharing platforms at a local level when requested to do so by the line manager.
- Lead the enumerators during the MPCA registration process.
- Support E-transfer when required.
- Coordinate with the protection team to identify the final payments when will be done.
- Any other duties may be assigned by the line manager.
- Prepare and process all administrative paperwork for MPCA.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ERD Sr. officer
Indirect Reporting: ERD Manager / ERD Coordinator.
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Staff
External: Beneficiaries and IRC stakeholders
· At least two years’ Experience in humanitarian sector/development sector, including MPCA.
· Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, detail oriented, honest, flexible, and able to handle pressure well.
· Spoken and written English is highly preferred.
· University degree.
· Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and have good knowledge in using online applications, especially that related to MPCA.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to email@example.com.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى firstname.lastname@example.org