With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Education and Child Protection (CP) Officer – Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision – Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Education and Child Protection (CP) Officer – Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Education and Child Protection (CP) Officer: is responsible for supervising and monitoring the implementation of the Education and CP activities in the area of responsibilities. The officer will supervise a team of project staff of casual contract in the field, ensure that education and CP activities are consistent with World vision programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned and enable children to attain their rights. and ensures timely reporting to the project manager/coordinator and ensures timely, adequate and quality monitored implementation of CP and education activities.
Coordination and Project Implementation
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments internally to ensures quality and accountability of the project;
- Consult technical issues with Technical Adviser(s) in project implementation in timely manner and seek for an appropriate support whenever necessary;
- Work closely with MEAL team to conduct end line assessment as well as collect the indicators and provide the necessary support to the team;
- Coordinate with P&C to recruit field staff when necessary and follow up any issues according to P&C policy and Procedure;
- Work with S&C and Finance for procurement as necessary;
- Supervise CP officer(s) in supporting cases, case planning, case conferences and closures;
- Attend and represent WVI at the inter-agency and coordination meetings (clusters, working groups and others) as agreed with Zonal manager and Technical Advisor;
- Develop monthly and weekly activity and procurement plans and implement as well as monitor to achieve expected results as planned;
- ·Under the supervision of Project manager, ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, within the budget according to quality standards;
- ·Ensures timely update the progress and any issues of field activities to Project manager and Protection and education Technical adviser.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
- Provide different trainings to staff and project participants in education and protection sectors;
- Ensure a context based mechanism to be in place to hear the voices of the community for WVI project interventions.
- Strengthen meaningful child/youth participation at the community level;
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats at the community level;
- Create an environment of open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Facilitate beneficiary training and coordinate with line directorates or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries.
- With the support of the Manager, develop staff planning and provide guidance and support to the field staff in their role/tasks.
- Assist the Manager in recruiting of staff as needed.
- Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Maintain regular coordination meetings (or other if needed) to ensure good coordination within the team.
- Ensure that the field staff clearly understand their daily tasks, project goal and expected results in short/long term.
Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Draft monthly report including all required information of the updates of the activities and make sure of submitting on time;
- Ensure project documentation is up to date and project records, photos and contracts, correspondences are filed;
- Assist with monitoring the indicators and quality benchmarks to achieve the targets;
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports;
- Support Project Manager in compiling the reports through managing all the project data to be provided at any time necessary;
- Provide inputs and/or actions to address the issue of Accountability shared by MEAL team.
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending.
- Ensure project documentation system is updated from all project staff;
- The documents only need to be shared with the manager he/she will be reporting to;
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
Safety and Security responsibilities
- Actively update the security situation of the project area to ensure the safety of the staff; ;
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
At least Bachelor’s degree on social science (social work, education, psychology, sociology etc.) Experience in school and Household Mobilization and related fields are preferred. Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English. 1-3 years of experience in implementation of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response. Experience in project implementation and programming knowledge in Education and Child Protection. At least 3 years’ experience in Education program Minimum 3 years of work experience with children (teaching, nursery, social work, etc.) At least one-year experience in project implementation working with international organizations. Ability to produce clear and well organized documents Experience in Community Mobilization activities Computer aptitude and experience with Microsoft Wordand Excel.
Physical Requirements: Presence according to WVI P&C policy
Fluency in English and local language(s) (Arabic).
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: Up to 50 Per Cent domestic travel in Mosul and occasional travel to Erbil, KRI.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only