People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. Formed in 1992 in the Czech Republic, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in post-communist Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society at home and abroad.
PIN began its work in Iraq in 2003 focusing on reconstruction and renovation of schools and health centres. After a short break, PIN decided to re-establish its presence in the country in January 2015, mainly in response to deteriorating humanitarian situation in the country and massive displacement of people from conflict-affected areas. Since then, PIN has maintained a strong presence in Iraq, and has gradually extended its activities across the Governorates of Ninewa, Salah Al-din, Kirkuk and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Typical recipients of our aid are internally displaced persons, returnees, and people who survived the fighting near their homes and meet the pre-defined criteria of vulnerability.
Apart from humanitarian aid, PIN is currently working on long-term programmes supporting restoring livelihoods, education, and climate change.
The Education and Child Protection PM will be responsible for the implementation of projects falling into the education and child protection portfolio. Work to identify, develop, manage and provides technical input for the most appropriate strategy of intervention for education projects across Iraq. The PM S/He will jointly co-chair the non-formal education working group.
The PM will report to the Programme Director, work alongside the Area management and the MEAL team, and closely cooperate with all support departments (Finance and Admin, Logistics and Procurement, IT, HR, Security). S/He will be the primary provider of technical support and guidance for education programming, emphasising design, implementation, management, monitoring and resource mobilizations. S/He is a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure timely organization of projects kick-off and close-out meetings
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Oversee the implementation of projects ensuring that technical requirements and quality standards are considered and respected during project implementation
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and implementation delays and provide ad-hoc support to projects implementation through trouble shooting and eliminating blocking points
- In collaboration with MEAL Department, conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities, prepare assessment and other internal and external reports
- Monitor output achievement, cash burn rates and ensure a timely completion of projects using the appropriate tools; review the projects’ drawing to avoid under/over spending, ensuring accurate budget forecasting and expense planning;
- Ensure compliance with donor and PIN’s policies, procedures and regulations throughout the entire project cycle; ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of project deliverables;
- Contribute to the development of projects procurement plans, to quality checks and procurement committees in line with PIN and donors’ rules and regulations;
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs and programme department colleagues, actively identify new funding opportunities, contribute to the development of strategies and project proposal;
- Provide technical inputs on education and early recovery to PIN short-, medium-, and long-range strategic plans, in line with PIN’s program objectives;
- Help to identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities in education and child protection;
- Ensure education and child protection programme products and lessons learned are maintained within PIN country programme;
- Ensure project staff are adequately trained in tracking expenditures; work with project team to maximize cost efficiency
- Work with the team and strengthen their capacity to implement and report on agreed management and monitoring procedures; Identify priority areas for capacity building and provide technical guidance, training and support
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with PIN and donor requirements;
- When applicable organize review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration
- Line manage the project staff/team to ensure effective and efficient programme implementation, partnership relationships and operational systems;
- Hold regular coordination meetings with key team members and regular meetings with SMT to discuss issues, ensure strong communication and learning from each other;
- Contribute to team capacity development and set up training plans to enhance team members technical capacity; Ensure regular performance appraisal and career management of project teams
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
Communication and Representation
- Maintains positive working relations to ensure trust and confidence with other PIN departments;
- Actively participates in SMT and staff meetings
- Participates in Monthly program review meetings
- Liaise and maintain good relations with the Deputy Area Managers and local authorities and stakeholders
- When required, liaise with donors and represent PIN and its activities at international, national and local fora
- Active representation within the relevant clusters and sub-clusters (Education, Child Protection, etc.) and other governmental/UN/INGO led coordination mechanisms and working groups
- Represent PIN within Alliance2015 and regularly liaise with PIN’s implementing partners
- Explore potential partnerships with other, mainly national, NGOs and coordinate with other humanitarian actors active in this field
- Maintain sound understanding of the context in Iraq and Kurdistan, and the needs and opportunities for humanitarian, recovery, development programming
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project implementation
- Respects PIN security rules and maintains a culture of safety for the team
- Understand and adhere to People in Need established policies and procedures for administration, finance, procurement, data management and beneficiary data protection, child protection, Code of Conduct (including Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Harassment) and security management;
- Reinforcing and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures and support of Child protection Focal Point;
- Be flexible and willing to support the team as is needed.
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in the Code of Conduct, National Staff Handbook, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publically available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment;
- At least 3 years of experience from a senior level project management position in education/child protection sectors in humanitarian/recovery, complex and volatile contexts and similar;
- Proven in-depth knowledge of non-/formal education modalities, PSS, CP case management, etc.;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management;
- Proven experience of working within education and child protection programmes including in communities affected by displacement, conflict or natural disasters;
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams, integrated programming, managing multiple budgets;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience to manage, train, mobilize, and provide capacity development to both international and national staff and partners;
- Experience with a wide portfolio of donors;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and oral;
- Cultural sensitivity, with capacity and willingness for flexibility and adjustment to difficult working environments;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Address Erbil, Iraq
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by latest 07th November 2023 via a link: https://airtable.com/appEKbqEw19ztWxyn/shrdCX9WGjKvWMBAB Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early Applications are encouraged as the suitable Candidate might be Selected before the Application Deadline. People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.