She/he will be supporting the implementation of Non-Formal Education (NFE) through both
remedial and catch-up classes to refugee children in refugee camps, settlements, and urban
setting. She/he (the teacher) will be responsible for facilitating classes, preparing lesson plans
and educating students at all levels defined by INTERSOS education team. As part of provision of
qualitative ,their duties will include assigning homework, grading tests, and follow-up on daily
attendance as well as monitoring children performance during the implementation period.
Additionally, they support the other educational activities. The teachers will be contracted under
UNHCR-INTERSOS PPA- education component.
Hierarchical: Education Monitors
Technical: Education Officer
– Major Responsibilities:
Attend the onboarding training, educational induction.
– Attend the CP, PSEA, and PSS training and understand the codes of ethics and conduct very well.
– Make sure to provide qualitative teaching and prepare the teaching classes plan and conduct
quizzes and monthly exams for the students attending classes to monitor their performance
– Adopt proper teaching methodology and contribute to developing and issuing educational content
including notes, tests, and assignments to children.
– Proper management for ongoing classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and
– Defining clear learning outcomes and objectives for each provided lesson.
– Develop resources very well connected with the official curriculum of instruction to be adopted for
lectures and presentations while delivering the lessons.
– Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
– Plan and implement educational activities and events.
– Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
– Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards.
– Attend parent-teacher meetings and maintain good communication with school management.
– Evaluate and document students’ progress and constantly monitor the performance of children
attending the program.
– Managing all the evaluation tests to children, grade homework, assignments, and monthly tests.
– Teachers should be committed to students and their learning process and know the subjects they
teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
– Attend related PSEA, Child Protection, First Aid and GBV related training and ensure how to
report identified related cases to INTERSOS Education Monitors.
– Daily monitoring and checking the attendance of students
– Make sure child protection and GBV principles are applied including protecting children from
physical and verbal abuse and harassment.
– Should not use any verbal and physical action including corporal punishment
– Contribute to other required support during the catch up classes including supporting teaching,
awareness, recreational activities, monitoring of children during rest time, and other based on
– Support the community mobilization activities including house-to-house visits, assessments,
surveys, collection of data, communication with community, and so on.
– Support the social cohesion activities within the school and community.
– Other required support during the period of contract.
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teacher
– University degree in Humanities and/or similar; and relevant degree in assigned topic to teach
– Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish; demonstrate good communication skills
– In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Well-organized with excellent leadership abilities.
– Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Address Baiji
- Salary Offer will be discussed in a later stage USD will be discussed in a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area