The Education Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and quality delivery of education technical expertise for a sound implementation of the education linked components, regardless their source of funds. Training, coordination and supervising the project staff team related to the education component are among the main tasks. Maintaining relations pertaining to the project activities with the donor and key stakeholders at the governorate and national level.
The Education Manager will report to the Project/Program Manager for implementation of the Education project activities (hierarchical/line manager). S/he will report to the Education Coordinator for all the technical related maters of the education component.
(i) Planning, implementation and monitoring of the project’s activities
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy, as well as INTERSOS and donor guidelines;
- Coordinate with the Project/Program Manager to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project/education activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with INTERSOS and donor regulations and procedures;
- Supervise the use and keep updated records of the project resources concerning education material;
- Undertake field visits to the project locations to continuously monitor the progress and the quality of the implementation of the project activities;
- Report in a timely manner any eventual challenges or delays, loss or damage, faced in the daily implementation of the project activities to the Project/Program Manager and Education Coordinator;
- Continuously assess, analyze and evaluate the impact of the project activities and the needs of the targeted populations in the project areas, periodically update the situation analysis and inform the program Manager accordingly;
- Work closely with the Project/Program Manager and the Education Coordinator to ensure the quality implementation of the project activities from the technical point of view;
- Work closely with the colleagues to ensure the integration of the protection activities with the education activities and with other projects and sectors of the mission;
- Support the development, implementation and evaluation of the mission strategy and program providing inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country;
- Actively contributing in report writing for the donors and internally;
- Develop regular reports including the Project Appraisal Tool (PAT), ensuring accurate data collection.
(ii) Project staff training, coordination and supervision
- Train, coordinate and supervise the project staff and evaluate their performance;
- Ensure the education staff respect INTERSOS rules and regulations, and adhere to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics;
- Actively participate in new staff recruitment for education component.
(iii) Coordination and representation
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant donor officers, governmental (Directorate of Education) and national authorities (Ministry of Education), local institutions, partners, project stakeholders and other organization working in the project areas;
- Participate in meetings with relevant donor officers, program and financial at both management and field level.
- Facilitate field visits by donor missions;
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meeting at national, regional, governorate and field level, as required by the program manager;
- Represent INTERSOS in the Education sub-cluster;
- Support (upon request) in conducting assessment, education desk review and new proposal writing to strengthen INTERSOS education program in the country.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply For application, please click on "APPLY NOW". Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date