The purpose of the Education Project Coordinator position is to supervise and implement Education Project. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders such as Ministry of Education (MoE). Education Project Coordinator will be reporting to Education Project Manager. The position will be based in Tuz city.
- Line management of CC project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of CC (Education) projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM (AM and CCS if no PM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Support PM in monitoring and tracking education budgets, update spending plans, procurement plans, work plans and recruitment plans.
- Support PM in preparing monthly progress report and maintain GORS reports updated.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders such as DoE.
- Represent NRC in Education cluster and other coordination meetings related to education.
- Provide guidance to the Education Team members, and coordinate activities with other NRC sectors, i.e. WASH, ICLA, UDOC, and LLH.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the PM/AM.
- Support in development of proposals and budgets for education activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Contract Duration: 8 months ( Subject to fund)
Duty Station: Kirkuk
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read Job Description
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
- Address Tuz