NRC Iraq is looking for an Education Project Manager to join the Southern Area Office. The role holder will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of Education and Youth projects while also ensuring capacity building of project staff and transferring key skills to the field teams.
If you are an experienced project management professional with a passion for Education with a focus on youth programming and staff capacity building, then this is the role for you.
**This role is open to Iraq nationals only**
What You Will Do
- Manage NRC’s Education and Youth projects and ensure programme quality.
- Carry out high-quality reporting, financial management and monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Support fundraising activities including preparation of concepts and project proposals.
- Work closely with the Area Program Manager, Education Specialist in overseeing and delivering the NRC Iraq Education and Youth strategy.
- Conduct field visits and monitor progress against both project and budgetary targets.
- Manage and support the start-up of NRC’s education and youth project in Anbar, including the planning and implementation of activities as well as management of youth teams and community facilitators.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders like the Ministry of Education (MoE) Directorate of Education (DoE), Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) Directorate of Labor and Social Affairs (DOLSA), Vocational Training Collage (VTC), Directorate of Youth Services (DoYS).
- Representation in internal and external forums on behalf of NRC Iraq Anbar Education and Youth projects.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical education and youth expertise.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Education, Social Science, and Community Development).
- Proven experience of working within Education and Youth programs with understanding of Iraq’s education issues.
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams and managing multiple budgets.
- Experience with community engagement principles and approaches.
- Commitment to evidence and needs-based approach.
What We Offer
- Anbar-Ramadi, Iraq duty station.
- Until 31st December (Renewable, NRC Contracts run Jan- Dec yearly pending funding and performance).
- 40% (travel between Ramadi, Anna, Al Fallujah and Rutba)
- NRC is committed to our localisation strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the programme operations.
- NRC will endeavour to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations.
- Senior Grade8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC’s operation in Iraq here.
- To apply as an internal candidate, log in with your official email or click on Opportunity Marketplace
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your employment history, experience, responsibilities, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- For any queries, please email us at email@example.com with “Education PM-Ramadi” as the subject line.
- Address Ramadi
- How to apply Click on the application link to apply https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/job/11623