|Job Title: Project Manager
|Reports to: Head of Programs
|Salary Grade: 9
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the EDU project objectives in Duhok, Ninewa and Anbar advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project management skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- You will lead technical, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through most of the project cycle – start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to EDU, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors for EDU.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations or in the field of EDU area would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of EDU area and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
Travel -Position is based in Duhok with regular travel in Fallujah and Ninewa. Must be willing to travel 35%-40% of the time in the project areas (Duhok, Fallujah, Ninewa).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Ability to contribute to written reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus .
- Staff supervision experience.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust – Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Change – Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Direct supervisory: Projects staff such as POs, SPOs, project assistants. Internal collaboration: finance, HR, procurement colleagues, IT as well as other projects that are implementing in the same areas to ensure synergy.
External: Partners including Caritas Iraq, local authorities including DOEs, coordination meetings including the ministry in KRI.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Address Iraq / Duhok
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=217