AT OXFAM, WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY.
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Emergency Food Security Vulnerable Livelihoods assistant
Closing date: – 16 October 2022
Interview date: – TBC
Vacancy reference: – INT8897
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
To support conflict-affected populations access appropriate and equitable assistance that meets humanitarian needs and reduces underlying drivers of conflict at all levels.
To implement emergency food security, livelihood, and cash programme under the supervision of EFSVL Officer, and Sr. Officer as key member of the EFSVL & Cash team in Oxfam’s areas of operation in Salah al-Din, Iraq. Key areas of intervention include, but not limited to cash, Cash for Work, small business grants for assets recovery, and micro businesses activities, technical and vocational skills training, Job Placement and employability trainings, business management trainings, agriculture, and livestock support.
|Location:||Salah Al Din Governorate. May be asked to other areas for any job-related tasks|
|Contract type:||National Fixed Term Contract|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|This role reports to:||EFSVL Officer.|
|Staff reporting to this post:||EFSVL Enumerators.|
|Annual budget for the post:||As per Oxfam Salary Grade|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):||N/A|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.|
- Implementation of emergency food security, livelihood and cash programming activities within the project time-frame and quality standards, and using different modalities that includes in-kind distribution, Small-micro grants, vocational skills trainings, job placement, Asset replacement, agriculture-livestock support, cash for work and multi-purpose cash for IDPs, host communities, returnees in the selected sites.
- Conduct community mobilization and sensitization activities in targeted location considering the strict adherence to DO NO HARM principle.
- Ensure community participation at each stage of project implementation and their input and feedback are incorporated in activities implementation.
- Participate in field level assessments including, but not limited to, need assessment, HH vulnerability assessment, and other type of assessment as assigned by the team leader.
- Identification, registration, and verification of vulnerable households and individual as per the approved selection criteria.
- vendor/shops identification and market actors to participate in the food security, livelihoods and Cash and Voucher activities as per the standard market/vendor identification tools.
- Follow the standard procedures for cash and voucher interventions, including compliance with relevant policies and criteria relating to Emergency Food Security, Vulnerable Livelihoods, Cash and Voucher programming, including best practices and donors’ policies.
- Ensure proper community engagement and clear communication with community.
- Strict compliance to cash transfers SOPs and policies as per the Oxfam’s internal standards, donors and international humanitarian standards.
- Maintain the records of all the activities under EFSVL and Cash Programs: Master Beneficiary List, Actual Beneficiary Distribution Lists, Community Meeting Minutes, Cash for Work (Contracts, worksheets), Traders Contracts, Traders assessments, vouchers records (ledger etc.)
- Distribution of in-kind goods, micro grants/cash/ vouchers to participants are accurate and according to the criteria.
- Work closely with MEAL staff, conduct monitoring of all activities post-distribution, and collate information to share with other staff.
- Capacity building of the enumerators.
- Keep safe the passwords/accounts of the Cash Based Programming electronic platforms.
- Visit vendors for data collection and other cash-based programming related activities.
skills, experience and knowledge
- Diploma in economics, civile engineering, Agriculture-Livestock engineering, business management, development studies, or equivalent to that.
- At least 1 years of experience working in food security, livelihood, and cash transfer programming.
- Proven experience of working in humanitarian projects/programs.
- Strong understanding of local culture, and context for target communities.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of gender equity in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge in the agricultural field.
- High Skills of personal organization, self-sufficiency-Competent and initiative.
- Strong ability to work within team and consult with a wide range of colleagues.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work stress and to work under highly pressure.
- High work ethics standard, with a teamwork focused attitude.
- Results oriented, and ambitious.
- Pro-active and with excellent communication skills.
- MS Office operating skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Good spoken and written English is preferred.
- Strong spoken and written Arabic skill is essential.
- Good knowledge of supervision techniques Smart, Hard-Working, Ambitious, empathetic.
- Able to travel and work in conflict affected areas.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission, aims & objectives.
Your commitment to Oxfam
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences
- Address Salahaddin Tikrit
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam salary scale USD As per Oxfam salary scale Month
- How to apply OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. TO APPLY: As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. For more details about this Vacancy, please visit the job advert using the below link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/efsvl-assistant---tikrit-int8897/17994/description/ Application only should be WORD-PDF format.
- Job Reference INT8897