Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
The EFSVL department in Ninewa consists of 5 team members namely EFSVL Team Leader, EFSVL officers and EFSVL Assistant. The position belongs to EFSVL team in Ninewa Iraq that will be supporting in greening the economy through innovative urban agriculture practices. The EFSVL department mostly implement MPCA activities, business grants, Assets replacement, urban agriculture and Cash for work intervention in Ninewa
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with Oxfam and Partners to overcome poverty and suffering
To provide assistance that meets humanitarian needs and reduces underlying drivers of conflict at all levels.
To provide support to Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) Programs as a part of the EFSVL team for our areas of operation in Iraq. Key areas of intervention will include EFSVL activities such as cash for work, Agriculture, urban farming, multi-purpose cash assistance, micro grants for assets recovery, and micro businesses for IDPs, returnees and host communities in the project areas.
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role.|
|This role reports to:||EFSVL Officer|
|Staff reporting to this post:||Enumerators|
|Annual budget for the post:||N/A|
Have team work with all the sectors
To help and provide facilities to EFSV TL, Senior officer and Officer to ensure implementation of food security activities and contribute to livelihoods recovery of the affected population in province/districts/region
To provide support to Livelihoods/Cash & Voucher Programs as a part of the Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) team for our areas of operation in Iraq. Key areas of intervention will include EFSVL activities such as cash for work, multi-purpose cash assistance, micro grants for assets recovery and micro businesses for IDPs in selected communities
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In Ensure implementation of emergency food security, livelihood and cash programming activities within the project time-frame and quality standards, and using different modalities that includes in-kind distribution, micro grants, cash for work and multi-purpose cash for IDPs, host communities, returnees in the selected sites.
- Conduct community mobilization and sensitization activities in targeted location considering the strict adherence to DO NO HARM principle.
- Ensure community participation at each stage of project implementation and their input and feedback are incorporated in activities implementation.
- Participate in field level assessments including, but not limited to, need assessment, HH vulnerability assessment, and other type of assessment as assigned by the Officer and team leader.
- Managing team of enumerators to conduct cash transfer programming registration and distribution activity
- Lead at the field level in the process of vendor/shops identification and market actors to participate in the food security, livelihoods and Cash and Voucher activities and ensure that they are selected as per the agreed criteria.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standard procedures for cash and voucher interventions, including compliance with relevant policies and criteria relating to Emergency Food Security, Vulnerable Livelihoods, Cash and Voucher programming, including best practices and donors’ policies.
- Ensure to follow the community engagement and communication strategy and communicate with the communities and other program’s stakeholders the objectives of the Emergency Food Security, Vulnerable Livelihoods and Cash/Voucher Transfers.
- Ensure strict compliance to cash transfers SOPs and policies as per the Oxfam’s internal standards, donors and international humanitarian standards.
- Support the EFSVL and Cash staff involved in EFSVL activities in records management, reporting and accounting for cash transfers programming.
- Ensure distribution of in-kind goods, micro grants/cash/ vouchers to participants are accurate and according to the criteria.
- Provide administration and clerical support to EFSVL Program.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably sociology, agriculture, microenterprise development) or substantial community development experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in emergency livelihoods, food security, Cash and Voucher Programming in a humanitarian context is desirable
- Experience of working with an NGO – especially in project implementation and monitoring
- Good understanding of the Iraqi context and culture .
- Strong communication interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence and inspire confidence in others in diverse working environment
- Community mobilisation experience
- An understanding of gender, protection and diversity issues in Cash and Voucher Programming would be advantageous
- Ability to work effectively with others
- MS Office operating skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to travel and to work in difficult circumstances.
- Good spoken English, as well as strong spoken and written Arabic is essential.
- Address Mosul- Tayarn
- Salary Offer Acorrding to Oxfam Scale
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using the below link: External Web Site: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/efsvl-assistant-int7730/14402/description/
- Job Reference INT7730