Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a E&I Delivery Lead on a 4/4 rotation based in Basra, Iraq.
- Management and coordination of project E&I packages/deliverables contained within the SPT project portfolio
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards; working closely with SPT Project Engineers, SPT Project Management, EPC’s, Sub contractors, and E&I equipment suppliers/package vendors
- Ensure supplier, (EPC/E&I vendor) compliance with Client Quality Systems and associated procedures.
- Communicate all potential quality & assurance-related risks and improvement issues to the Senior SPT Project Manager.
- Provide guidance and steer/assurance on the technical review of Supplier bid submissions to check and verify compliance to ROO specifications, raising any pre and post-bid clarifications where necessary.
- Manage the resolution of any non-conformance in supplied E&I equipment, and contracted services including implementing lessons learned to foster continuous improvement
- Liaison with SPT Project Engineers & SPT Project Management advising and assisting on E&I construction, commissioning and handover activity sets required to enable successful handover of E&I packaged equipment under the responsibility of the SPT project portfolio
- Act as a key interface between SPT Project Engineers, SPT Project Management; assisting the construction/commissioning personnel and sub-contractors, ensuring liaison and resolution of E&I related construction technical queries and site queries
- Assist SPT Project Engineers & SPT Project Management with the coordination of key project E&I materials/packaged equipment milestones, (e.g. FAT and SAT activities)
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement
- Assist in the Company nationalisation programme by mentoring Iraqi nationals
- Identify areas of improvement in delivering all E&I project deliverables and activities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Client technical personnel and key stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering Degree / diploma qualified engineer or equivalent work experience
- Extensive E&I project/industry experience and technical knowledge in brownfield environments.
- At least 18 years industry experience with 10 years in International multicultural Operational roles across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production facilities.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance and engineering support activities
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Strong use of IT systems to analyse data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
- Strong cultural awareness
- Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
- Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!
- Address Basrah USD Month