Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Electrical Commissioning Lead on a 4×4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
- JOB PURPOSE:
- Accountable to lead electrical commissioning of HV and LV systems and equipment and turn over to start up operations for designated projects
- Focus on planning and coordination or stewardship of field execution of electrical commissioning activities, including development or review of deliverables as well as oversight of project team commissioning specialists for a defined scope
- Leading the electrical commissioning team, this role will ensure completion of all commissioning documentation and all required sign-offs are obtained
- Act as Person In Charge (PIC) or Area Authority (AA) in the Commissioning Work Management System.
- Be familiar with the Contract Scope of Work and all Systems Completion Project Design Specifications (PDSs) including specified discipline PDSs addressing installation and commissioning
- Prepare and execute or monitor preparation, planning and execution of Systems Completion activities by Contractor when in an oversight role.
- Assess proposed Systems Completion Plan and provide key Commissioning and Operations inputs into Contractor deliverables including but not limited to Process system boundaries, sequence and priorities, P&IDs, ISOs, Procedures, Schedules, Plans, Check Sheets, Fishbone Diagrams, Skylines, Loop Folders, Leak Test Packs, Work Packs, Permit to Work (PTW), TCPs, etc. and communicate impact to commissioning, start-up and ongoing operations where applicable
- Steward data verification of Systems Completion Database to ensure all required components and necessary check sheets are included. Enforce Management of Change to maintain the database in line with approved design changes.
- Verify that commissioning activities are thoroughly planned and adequately staffed in order to support safe execution
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through engagement in Commissioning Permit to Work, Electrical Isolation and Safety Work Manuals to ensure efficient and safe execution of the work. Provides input in the field to JSA’s and Risk Assessments. Monitor workforce’s adherence to Procedures and participate in Safety Walks, Hazard Hunts, attend toolbox meetings
- Lead the Electrical Commissioning effort for Company in witnessing system completion and oversight or execution of commissioning, as required
- Recognize applicability and utilize lessons learned available from other projects
- Identify key commissioning / start-up execution risk issues and assess mitigation steps
- Work with Contractor for seamless transfer of “care, custody, and control” of systems (i.e. Turnover) to Company
- Identify isolation requirements between start-up phases and endorse removal of isolation after ensuring readiness for start-up
- Provide post-start-up surveillance, tuning, performance testing, and system troubleshooting support
- Assist in the effort to capture commissioning lessons learned
- Supports, if required, the performance tests and the start-up group
- Supports, if required the contractor in contacts with client representatives for the handover of the plan
Skills / Qualifications
- QUALIFICATIONS:Essential Criteria
- Strong technical skills within the specified discipline with a significant portion of experience being ‘hands-on’ fieldwork in their respective discipline
- Proficient in Work Management Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Experience in the engineering or maintenance field of Oil & Gas as lead/supervisor
- Experience with functional testing, system cleanliness & leak testing
- 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
- Knowledgeable of Project Completions activities and typical commissioning practices including typical Systems Completion Database software
- Knowledge and experience with Oil & Gas Operations
- Can do troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Discipline appropriate certification(s), or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrate excellent HSE behaviors at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Good communication skills and assertiveness to intervene when work is being done unsafely or not per required procedure
- Leadership to ensure project priorities of safety, quality, and schedule are achieved
- Collaboration with the Contractor to ensure requirements for commissioning activities are clearly understood and adhered to
- Ability to efficiently work with other groups (engineering, construction, quality) to resolve issues
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Serves as the on-site representative for company Commissioning Authority
- Hold self-accountable for ensuring there is “One” commissioning & start up team that is working collaboratively in achieving our goals and objectives
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!