Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Electrical Construction Supervisor to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on a 6/6 weeks rotation for the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of construction activities including cross country construction
- Manage Contractor work on behalf of Owner to ensure safety, quality and technical correctness in line with drawings, specifications and technical standards
- Drive (HSSE) standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain good working relations with Project, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations counterparts
- Contribute to successful interfaces with other stakeholders
- Coordinate with Project Engineers materials and design delivery to support construction activities
- Tailor construction and execution approaches considering the local contracting market and capabilities
- Champion performance against measurable construction targets as part of the overall project schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- HND or home country equivalent: Electrical discipline
- Minimum 10 years in Oil & Gas Project Construction and Execution
- Middle East experience and knowledge of Arabic culture preferable
- Experience in Brown and Greenfield construction projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!