Overview / Responsibilities
ood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To carry out electrical engineering activities as directed by the project Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Conduct field surveys, study maps, layouts, diagrams, identify electrical equipment and collect data related to power system installations.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design, specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, and testing & commissioning activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, drawings and customer requirements.
- To produce and review site mark-up, as-built drawings, & documents, specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; retrieval of drawings and vendor documents.
- To participate in project safety or design reviews meeting as required.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff and Installation contractor as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, retrofitting, conditioning assessment of electrical equipment, like MV/LV Motors, Transformers, Switchgears, MCC, AC/DC UPS; witness Site Acceptance & Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To liaise and coordinate with other engineering disciplines for right interfacing and installation of electrical equipment.
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Sound organisational skills.
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of electrical system design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards.
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for electrical system design and selection.
- Experience of participation in HAZID, HAZOP and IPF/SIL Classification studies is essential.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Proven capability in an engineering design company.
- Experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Relevant Engineering Degree (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.).
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!