Electrical Site Engineer
Electrical Site Engineer
KBR is looking to fill a position of Electrical Site Engineer (Iraq national only) for Rumaila Master Services Agreement project and to be based in Iraq, Basra
Rumaila is a giant oilfield situated in the Southeast of Iraq, in production from 1954.
A Technical Services Contract (TSC) came into effect on 17th December 2009: a JV (ROO – Rumaila Operating Organization) was formed between BP, CNPC and SOMO (State Oil Marketing Organization). The scope of the TSC covers the rehabilitation, appraisal and re-development of producing reservoirs as well as the appraisal and development of discovered but undeveloped reservoirs. The duration of the Contract first signed was 20 years, with an extension option of 5 years.
ROO has identified a number of key areas crucial for Rumaila to sustain and grow oil production:
- Produced water treatment and handling for re-injection
- Power supply and distribution field wide
- Oil/gas separation and flaring strategy
This project is a master services agreement for engineering and procurement services, with various scopes of work that are required to be performed to support ROO
Site Electrical Engineer (Iraq national only) will conduct site activities in Rumaila oil & gas field as per project requirement for Small Project, Concept project and Engineering projects with the direct supervision of the Lead Engineer- Head office (Abu Dhabi). The Major activities will be performed as per HSE guidelines and project applicable standards in brown field projects with day-to-day coordination with operation and maintenance team of ROO- BP (client).
- Familiar with Electrical Equipment in Oil and Gas Facilities such as LV/MV Switchgear,
- Transformer, UPS, Cables, Motors etc.
- Familiar with Electrical Engineering Deliverables such as Single Line Diagrams, Substation
- Layout, Cable Routing and Trenches, Cable Schedule, Interconnection Drawings etc.
- Should be able to carry out the Site Survey independently for Electrical Scope as per Scope of
- Work and gather required information such as mark up on as built, photographs etc.
- Capture still frame photographs of area surveyed and/or video record project area.
- Should be able to prepare report based on Site Survey
- Familiar with Hazardous Area Classification
- Co-ordinate with client for Site Related activity
- Familiar with Permit to Work Process.
- Ensuring all site activities are managed and performed according to the needs of the project, ensure all details & requirement are provided in timely manner.
- Familiar with Health, Safety and Environment Rules and Regulations
- Design/ Detail Engineering Knowledge would be added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer with minimum 5 years’ experience (or electrical diploma with minimum 10 years’ experience) of field engineering
- Proven track record in site activities for design support of consultancy environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge in computer skills (PDF & Ms. Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to site activities.
- Self-motivated, hands-on critical thinker and problem solver.
- Relations with site project and O&M team.
- Country Geography and Demographics.
- Moderate knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and 3D