CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: EMECA Senior Regional Support Manager
Reports To: Regional Director
Country/Location: Telecommuter with frequent travel to EMECA Countries
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Europe, Middle East, and Central Asia (EMECA) region covers Country Programs (CPs) in Ukraine, Moldova, Greece, the Balkans, Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon, JWBG, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and a number of outreach countries. The region is going through a period of expansion and transition, responding to humanitarian emergencies, e.g., Ukraine and Pakistan, start-up of new Offices and CPs, e.g., Pakistan, Ukraine, and Yemen, and building an agile regional structure to respond to evolving needs. At the same time, a number of the CPs in the region are also going through transition and scale-up. As a senior regional staff, you will work with the Regional Director to support regional and CPs leadership to ensure a smooth transition, and management excellence across the region.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Support at the regional level:
- Cooperate with the DRD-Operations and CPs CRs/CMs, to effectively manage risks (fraud, safeguarding, and staff safety) across the region, including investigating, managing, and closing high-profile sensitive cases and provide timely support to Country Programs to roll out mitigating and corrective measures as needed.
- Lead and support the region and CPs to roll-out strategic initiatives to advance operational excellence in line with the Agency and Regional strategy and priorities. This could include the revision, design, and implementation of policies and procedures as required by CRS and its donors.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of EMECA 2023-2030 regional strategy.
Support at the Country Programs (CPs) level:
- Work closely with the Regional Director, and other staff as needed, to support the establishment and start-up of CRS new CPs and offices, e.g. in Yemen, and manage and step in as an acting lead in related tasks as needed.
- As feasible, support EMECA CPs to fill in CP SMT roles and responsibilities at times of transition to ensure continuous strategic leadership, and management of high-quality operations and programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Support CPs to prepare and manage important internal and external audit, as needed and guided by the RD and DRD-Ops.
- Master’s Degree in International Development/Relations or related field.
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible experience in private voluntary organization (PVO) leadership and management.
- Leadership skills and ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Previous experience managing a large-scale PVO country program or project. Experience with CRS required.
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with local Church and government.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with short- and long-term planning, as well as financial, human resource, and program management.
- Experience with institutional strengthening and partnership building.
Required Languages – Fluency in English; language skills of one or more of EMECA countries is strongly preferred.
Travel – This position is principally a travelling position and working outside the country of record is to be expected; any assignment that does not require physical presence may be assigned as virtual.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills as well as good judgment, vision and maturity.
- Ability to operate successfully amidst complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and under pressure.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of staff development.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CRS staff in countries of assignment, Regional BD staff, Regional Director and Regional Program and Operations staff. Headquarters Senior Technical Advisors.
External: Catholic Church Officials, Catholic Church agencies, local partner organizations, host country government agencies, donor agencies, international and national non-governmental organizations, UN agencies.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3000324/?utm_medium=jobshare