The Genocide Recovery and Persecution Response (GRPR) activity is implemented by Management Systems International (MSI) under its Governance Integration and Stabilization for Resilience (GISR) Project of the USAID MENA Bureau.
USAID launched the GRPR program to guide its efforts to help ethnic and religious minorities affected by ISIS heal and restore their communities, support economic recovery, and prevent future atrocities. The purpose of this GISR-supported activity is to explore effective approaches to aid survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), through assessments of current services, the design of pilot projects, testing improved interventions, and learning, sharing, and “scaling up” of promising approaches. Activities will focus on communities in the Ninawa Plains. The GRPR Activity will run until August 2020.
*This position is open to Iraqi nationals only. *
The engineer will support small scale rehabilitations and construction of parks and community facilities in the Ninewa Plains. S/he will report directly to the Deputy Field Program Representative. This is a short-term technical assistance position that will provide assistance on an as needed basis for up to 60 hours per month. The engineer can work remotely with MSI’s Erbil office, but will be required to travel regularly from Erbil to project sites in Qaraqosh, Sheikhan, and Tel Uskof to support project activities.
- Plan and conduct technical rehabilitation assessments for community centers, parks, and other facilities.
- Collect field data; write reports and provide advice to project staff.
- Design rehabilitation plans in collaboration with MSI staff, local partners, and stakeholders.
- Liaise, in collaboration with supervisor, with relevant government entities and local stakeholders to ensure compliance and community acceptance.
- Prepare bills of quantity (BoQs); provide input and perform quality checks for relevant procurement.
- Supervises/coordinate/monitor the delivery/distribution of materials according to USAID procedures.
- Oversee the work of contractors and follows up implementation to ensure quality and compliance with safety codes and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Conduct site inspections on a regular basis. Monitor and evaluate rehabilitations.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments as necessary
- Prepare relevant documentation and reports, depending on needs and project staff requests.
- Produce and maintain relevant data and information.
- Degree in construction engineering and minimum three (3) years of experience in construction and rehabilitation work.
- Experience producing BoQs.
- Experience planning and overseeing small scale construction and rehabilitation.
- Experience with relevant USAID/United States Government construction and rehabilitation regulations strongly preferred.
- Team player, independent, transparent abilities to work with Local authorities and vulnerable population.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
– English: strong command of English, able to write reports.
– Arabic: Fluent
This is a half-time position. The engineer will work remotely with MSI’s Erbil office. The engineer will be required to Erbil and other parts of Iraq, specifically the Ninewa Plains, to support project activities.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.