Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to be embedded into a Client Organisation on a 4×4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
- Responsible for the oversight and assurance of multi-discipline engineering scope of work on a portfolio of Brownfield Upgrade projects on an onshore Oil and Gas Field.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineering carried out on Upgrade Projects is completed in line with clients requirements, Processes, Procedures and Specifications and in line with established International Engineering standards.
- Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering portion of a project across all disciplines.
- Continuous implementation and assurance of client specific procedures in the Engineering Design.
- Monitors compliance with standards and processes to assure efficient delivery.
- Roll out and Implementation of learning opportunities from across the business.
- Driving continual focus on process safety through the engineering team
- Driving elimination of technical incidents through robust controls, incident reviews and embedding lessons learned
- Identifies and mitigates areas of risk and improvement opportunities
- Identifies and pursues improvement opportunities
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of the client and contractors engineering team
- Consult and negotiate with client to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Focuses on managerial concerns of the project such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation. Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Reviews technical concepts of projects.
- Personally participates in solving difficult technical problems.
- Carries responsibility for resolution of major problems for the engineering segment of Brownfield Upgrade Projects
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed within the team
- Conduit for regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
Skills / Qualifications
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelor’s (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Typically requires 20+ years progressive experience in discipline engineering and typically requires more than 8 years of broad and extensive engineering management experience, preferably in a client organisation.
- Requires strong technical skill as relevant to the project scope, with particular emphasis on Brownfield Engineering Upgrades in an onshore Oil and Gas Field.
- Balance of technical and management experience at relevant level and position.
- Typically requires at least 5 years of supervisory experience with an understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety
- Broad and extensive knowledge of engineering theories and techniques and a high level of skill in application of this knowledge in the management of the engineering function
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of influencing people at all levels of the organization.
- Able to implement and embed standards and processes to effect delivery of engineering excellence.
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- Current knowledge of industry and technology development within area of expertise.
- Expert in Engineering excellence.
- Able to carry out audit and incident investigations
- Good Project management skills.
- Skilled in mediation and dispute resolution
- Financial and commercial awareness.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!