Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Basra, Iraq on 6 weeks on/2 weeks off rotation.
- Identify, establish and maintain strong relationships will key client positions
- Oversee Engineering work being carried out by the contract engineering and design teams
- Lead, manage and provide day to day direction to a team of lead discipline Engineers
- Ensure contract engineering team is fully staffed with competent, high calibre discipline engineers.
- Manage contract engineering and design resource requirements in line with contract requirements
- Promote effective communication and challenge within the Engineering team in order to foster the production of safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and constructible designs.
- Promote and encourage smarter ways of working and champion continuous improvement within your department
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for engineering work carried out on the contract
- To participate in and/or lead all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To provide technical assistance, direction, and support during the construction and installation activities
- To ensure all engineering and design team members are competency assessed and maintain the competency of the team in line with company requirements
- To lead technical investigations, establish root causes and ensure all lessons learned are captured and rolled out to the contract
- Ensure compliance with management of change processes both technical and financial
- To liaise and report Engineering Progress and Issues on the contract.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- To attend daily/weekly engineering progress meetings and generate status reports as required
- Manage the provision of engineering input to technical proposals
- Assist construction personnel with general technical queries and details
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems; coordinates application of solutions
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience Managing engineering teams as well as hands on Facilities engineering skills
- Brownfield execution experience is important
- Demonstrated leadership experience and previous track record of successfully supervising teams
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of engineering design and project delivery
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!