Overview / Responsibilities
- Providing a single point of contact for all Asset & Contract engineering matters, clarifications, queries and Client communication
- Managing a multi-discipline engineering and design team to deliver scope of work safely and within quality/cost/schedule constraints and in accordance with applicable codes, standards and Wood/Client procedures
- Interfacing with Site and responding to site queries.
- Engaging with the project stakeholders to ensure the key design requirements in line with the Asset operational needs are defined and met.
- Coordinating with Vendors & technology providers to ensure a sound integrated technical solution.
- Providing visibility, direction, guidance, managing close-out of all technical queries relating to engineering issues and risks.
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems across the project
- Identifying areas of concern with respect to progress and / or quality and own implementation of corrective actions as required
- Ensuring Engineering team compliance and input to project change control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Participating in and/or leading project safety and design reviews as necessary
- Liaising with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure stakeholder requirements are addressed and a consistent approach to project completion
- Promoting safe behaviour at all times
- Setting performance expectations and maintaining standards for the development and retention of a motivated team
- Providing reporting and feedback on areas of concern to the Wood Contract and Project Managers
- Functional Responsibility for Engineering across the Contract
- Engineering Quality, Technical Assurance Compliance, & Audits across the Contract
- Engineering Resource Utilization Management
- Engineering Resource Develeopement / Engineering Capability Management
- Engineering Software, Processes & Systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognized professional institute preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an engineering design company in the role of Engineering Manager or Principal Engineer, responsible for coordinating multi-discipline teams
- Experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction and commissioning would be an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership experience and previous track record of successfully supervising multi-national and multi-cultural project teams
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of detailed engineering design and project delivery
- Awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Experience with company business management system and quality assurance processes
- Experience of the application design and safety reviews, including HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Engineering Design
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!