Wood is currently recruiting for an English Language Instructor to be based in Basra, Iraq to be based on a 28 Days on / 28 Days Off Rotation.
Instructor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare training programs and manage presentation materials / equipment.
- Continue with development of content focused on English Language, course sustainment activities and targeted workshops.
- Continual develop local workforce dual language capabilities.
- Reinforce principles and practices and ensure applicability to Oilfield specifics. Ensuring Principles of Business Leadership for Facilities Management as well as individual Effectiveness Skills for Field Supervisors
- Present training material/ workshops in a professional, interesting, and stimulating manner with a strong bias towards role play.
- Assess student’s capabilities and modify program presentation as needed to maximize students’ learnings.
- Maintain program performance, completion, attendance, evaluation records and perform LMS data input functions as defined by client Training Management
- Interface and coordinate training activities with various stakeholders to effectively achieve program presentations and completion objectives.
Education: University degree
Technical Skills Required:
- Prepare Oil & Gas Technical and Operational English material and deliver English lessons efficiently and effectively.
- Lessons material and delivery to include both Business and Technical subjects providing trainee learnings though TOEIC Level 3 thru to TOEIC Level 5 for the staff as defined by client Training Management.
- Assess student’s English Language capabilities and modify program presentation as needed to maximize students’ learnings.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant discipline experience
- Holds an accredited language instructor qualification.
- 5 years classroom experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work in multi-culture and multi-company environments.
- Bi-Lingual (English / Arabic) ability preferred but not essential.
- Abilities: Ability to organize, establish, create, plan for execution of SHE relevant activities. Ability to handle multiple assignments, written communication skills, team player, self- leading and hard worker.
- Preferably holds a current valid driving license for multi-location assignment.