The E&S Senior Officer will provide technical support as needed to the TPM team to ensure quality implementation.
The overall objectives of this role are to support mainly the Iraq IFRC country Office to deliver the TPM WB project. The role will work closely with Iraq Country Delegation to ensure effective planning and technical support to the Iraq TPM WB project and coordinate with different stakeholders and technical groups, which includes:
- Technical support, quality implementation and capacity building to WB TPM project Iraq IFRC country office
- Monitoring, evaluation and capturing learning
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Technical support, quality implementation and capacity building to Iraq IFRC country office.
- Develop training guidelines and capacity building modules based on the JD and Iraq NDVP.
- Train the National Field monitors on the use of agreed monitoring tools and training materials.
- Provide technical support as needed to the TPM team to ensure quality implementation.
B. Monitoring, evaluation and capturing learning.
- Develop the monitoring tools based on the JD and Iraq NVDP.
- Work closely with PMER to analyze data and contribute to the daily, weekly monitoring reports.
- Contribute to the development and design of monitoring app and dashboards to accurate data for effective implementation and management.
- Interpretation of the data and recommend appropriate actions to be followed to assure timely delivery of the JD.
- Develop and document good practices and lessons learned and ensure guidance note adapted to Iraq context.
C. Coordination and working groups.
- Participate in the meeting with WB and internal meeting related to the project including debriefing with the field monitors.
D. Provides advice and support to monitor the covid-19 vaccine cold chain management in line with international regulation and Iraq NVDP.
E. Support the performance of COVID-19 vaccination TPM Iraq risk assessment and development of a set of risk mitigation actions plan.
F. Support the Environmental and Social specialists to provide guidance to ensure the appropriate technical support to the TPM Iraq Project.
G. Suggest additional next steps for the TPM monitoring.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as natural resources management, international development, anthropology and/or conservation policy – required
- Experience supporting national vaccination campaigns, at a technical level – required
- At least five years of experience implementing immunization/ vaccine cold chain management programmes at regional, global, or country level – required
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing immunization or in the strengthening of health systems – required
- Prior experience in surveillance and monitoring of public health programs is a requirement. Experience in monitoring immunization programs is preferable. Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience – preferred
- Demonstrated capacity and experience to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality – required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills along with strong interpersonal relations and teamwork skills – required
- Pro-active and highly organized, planning skills, Flexibility, Analytical thinking – required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) – required
- Excellent communication skills – required
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality – required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple task – required
- Good spoken and written in Arabic and English – required
Competencies and Values
- Building trust
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address IRAQ (Field Position )
- How to apply All Application should be submitted through the website of IFRC by applying on the link below Only Applications by official website will be considered Please click on ( Apply for this position ) and follow the requested steps on IFRC Official Website