- Ensure all outgoing correspondence is typed, proof read and dispatched to the highest possible standard
- Review all incoming mail and prioritize it before forwarding to the General Manager
- Act on routine standardized correspondence and inform the General Manager accordingly e.g. Requests for membership, accommodation, brochures
- Co-ordinate and follow up with internal departments on behalf of the General Manager
- Compose letters on behalf of the General Manager
- Ensure all correspondence is filed in a methodical systematic basis
- Attend meetings, record and distribute the minutes and follows up on action items
- Handle all telephone calls and appointments for the General Manager, screen and prioritize calls as necessary
- Maintain a database of contacts, which may be required by the General Manager
- Organise travel and external business trips on behalf of the General Manager
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be courteous, able to work with minimal supervision, be discreet and capable of dealing with a high level of confidentiality. You are an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ person with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character.
You should ideally have a college diploma in secretarial training and relevant previous experiences. You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and the ability to take sufficient notes at a meeting to prepare record of events.