The GIZ “Private Sector Development Project” (PSD) supports the Government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organisation active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees. More information about GIZ are accessible via www.giz.de.
The duty station for the “Expert – Monitoring & Evaluation” is the GIZ Baghdad Office.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
The position holder is responsible to support the international M&E Advisor in the duties to monitor and evaluate the project activities. This includes the preparation of surveys and studies and the elaboration of M&E systems according to GIZ standards. Organisation and implementation of field visits are a significant part of the job. Line managers and the project director receive advisory on how to approach M&E in their activities.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- Monitoring & Evaluation
Supporting the M&E Advisor to:
- Upgrade, elaborate, and maintain a results-based monitoring system for all project areas to support the management of the project.
- Upgrade and maintain the existing evaluation system in coordination with the project’s line managers.
- Organizing and conducting field visits to ensure quality throughout the project’s activities.
- Contracting and coordinating external field monitors
- Research, Development & Reporting
- The position holder will develop, commission, and interpret studies which serve as baselines for the project’s indicators and as basis for project development in close cooperation with the M&E Advisor.
- Elaboration of quarterly reports of project activities for stakeholders and partners.
- Assisting in project development efforts.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional tasks if deemed necessary.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
Professional experience :
- Education: University degree
- Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant occupational experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
- Experiences in M&E, analytics, project assistance are an advantage.
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Office Software literacy
- German language skills are an advantage
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods