Wood is currently in search of a committed Fabrication Workshop Manager to lead the establishment and subsequent successful operation of a new fabrication facility in southern Iraq. The role of the Fabrication Workshop Manager encompasses the supervision of fabrication processes to support all production and service operations. This entails ensuring that every step in the fabrication process is carried out accurately and within specified timelines while upholding safety and quality standards throughout the entire process.
In this role, you can expect a stimulating and diverse set of responsibilities, which will call upon your technical, organizational, and communication proficiencies. A systematic approach to project planning and fabrication management is paramount. At Wood, we highly value our workforce, considering them our primary asset. Therefore, possessing exceptional verbal and written communication skills is imperative to capitalize on both internal and external opportunities for collaboration.
- Responsible for and assuring the highest standards of HSSEQ at all times
- Establishing new fabrication facilities, people, process and systems.
- Handling, independently, the complete workshop activity
- Broad working knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Oil & Gas/Offshore/Construction industry experience
- Single point contact for complete fabrication workshop facility
- Providing quotes for cost of fabrication for each activity
- Monitor and provide status update on each fabrication / assembly activity
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Interface management with clients and Local vendors
- Supply chain management
- Coordination with QA-QC team for each activity
- Estimating the cost of labor and materials needed for each project, then submitting this information to upper management for approval
- Overseeing work schedules and deadlines to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Creating designs for new products or processes that require fabrication
- Participating in any necessary training or certification programs to keep up with changes in technology or working practices within the industry
- Engineering degree or equivalent vocational qualification
- Minimum of 20 years construction fabrication project experience, including fabrication technology, project management, welding and metalworking, machining and problem-solving.
- Demonstrable experience of planning, monitoring and reviewing work progress
- Decisive and able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to read & interpret project drawings, manage change, and estimate work
- Excellent understanding of health and safety
- be able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Managing schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera