Job title: Facilitator
Contract Duration: 1 year
Working hours: 8:30 – 4:00
Type of position: Full-time
Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
Scope of work (Main tasks)
The Facilitator will work under the supervision of the team leader to implement the project activities of Child Protection in Sulaymaniyah.
- Conduct PSS, FGD, recreational, awareness-raising, and Community based protection activities for children and caregivers.
- assess psychological needs and protection issues
- Participate in different forms of community-based assessments to identify people of concerns or those at risk, when required by the line Manager.
- With the support and advice of the line manager, provide tailored psychosocial support services at the individual, family and community levels.
- Ensure close follow-up of the participants in identifying the improvement done and the barriers faced-by the individuals and/or his/her caregivers in the rehabilitation process.
- Participate in the daily and weekly reporting (both qualitative and quantitative) of activities in filling specific tools (assessment form, follow up form, referral form, discharge and monitoring forms). Provide any other reports requested by the line manager.
- Conduct parenting programs and community-based child protection committee activities.
- Help organize trainings for children, community, government, and NGO workers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree/ Diploma.
- Languages: Arabic and Kurdish are mandatory; English is also required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs working in relevant fields.
- Address Rizgary, Street 408, Hapsakhani Naqeb,
- How to apply Please fill in the Google Form as requested.