DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
- The Facilities / Camp Superintendent is responsible for providing essential life support and cohesion to DNO personnel at all DNO sites in Kurdistan, Northern Iraq.
- The Facilities / Camp Superintendent position/role is pivotal to the life support and upkeep of the camp locations. An experienced and qualified professional ensures daily adherence to food safety (HACCP / ISO 22001), camp safety / hygiene, utility provisions and essential maintenance. The immediate concern is the risks of potential food poisoning outbreaks, low morale, camp equipment failure and ultimately loss of revenue through camp/manpower operational ineffectiveness.
- The individual needs to be highly experienced in remote site camp facility management, advanced food safety with excellent on-site contract management experience, have a clear appreciation of ensuring “Value for Money” and contractor adherence to Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management. The individual must also have an excellent adherence in regard to a positive QSHE Culture within all camp locations.
- The Facilities / Camp Superintendent is authorized to implement relevant aspects of DNO Quality Management Systems, with particular focus on Food Safety and General Camp Safety and Hygiene, under the final authority of Country Manager.
- The Facilities / Camp Superintendent shall ensure industry best practice. In addition, being empowered to stop work or intervene on any task when deemed that it is not safe, or is an immediate risk to the workforce, assets or the environment.
- Maintain quality standards for all life support facilities in DNO camps, through audits / inspections and daily monitoring: including hygiene, fire, electrical and camp routine. At the same time contributing to the maintenance of a positive working environment and remaining proactive in regard to ongoing Operational Requirements.
- DNO contract holder for the life support contract having single point accountability for the execution of the contract over its entire duration, from the tender process up to an including contract close-out.
- Ensure that the camps are properly and safely maintained by contractor maintenance staff, seeking advice from Head of Maintenance Support as required. Closely monitor contractor maintenance spend
- Maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders and liaise & cooperate as required.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Health and Safety Culture at the workplace. Assist or lead in the reporting, investigation and follow up of incidents.
- Write clear and unambiguous reports in respect to scope of work or contractual recommendations with suitable endorsements forwarding them to DNO Senior Management or the appropriate recipient.
- Clearly and accurately record results of all financial expenditure and projected budget costs and provide comprehensive accruals information as appropriate to the accounts department in Erbil on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor contracts for the delivery of catering and cleaning support, through audits and inspections, monthly returns, use and apply KPIs, ensuring daily feeding strengths are accurate for contract remuneration, sign off monthly summaries.
- Oversee and monitor the delivery of utilities contracts: water, sewage, trash, through testing, checks, day’s sheets, monthly returns, use and apply KPIs, dealing with various company representatives including on occasions village elders on areas of concern.
- Manage Camp stores requirements not controlled by contractors, placing demands as needed via the procurement system in line with operational requirements and future expectations.
- Provide information and advice to Management ensuring it is effectively presented, on request and proactively disseminated to relevant personnel.
- Allocate accommodation, maintaining accurate bed-space availability with daily updates to support the POB and emergency procedures.
- Provide safety leadership to life-support staff for injury prevention and timely incident reporting.
- Ensure life support staff adhere to all DNO COVID Procedures with respect to PPE, social distancing, and hand-sanitization during food preparation and serving, cleaning, waste disposal, laundering and camp servicing activities.
- Liaise and support COVID Coordinator with frequent inspection and audit of camp, adherence to COVID procedures, in particular with respect to sanitization activities.
- Attend the daily Operations Coordination meeting.
- Lead with the preparation of SOWs, tender documents, evaluations and contracts for camp and catering, diesel fuel, support contractors to field and others.
- Support Country Manager / CSR in dealing with village elders over HR and personnel issues.
- Attend kick off meetings for works directly effecting DNO camps.
- Camp Commissioning inspections for new facilities.
- Member of Tender Evaluation panels as required (Catering / camp build).
- Deal with suppliers/vendors for quotes and maintenance requirements.
- HR line manager responsibilities for staff as allocated.
- Control registers of DNO high value stores in camps: OSN, TVs etc.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Business Administration recognized certification.
- Advanced Food safety management recognized certification.
- Facility management International recognized certification.
- QHSE NEBOSH or occupational management level 4.
- QA Auditing – Food safety management ISO 9001/ISO 22001.
- PL accounting management.
- Proven track record in Remote site Camp Management – minimum 10 years.
- Proven track record in Contract Management relating to Catering, Cleaning and Facilities – Minimum 10 years.
- Food Safety Advanced Hygiene qualifications – Minimum level 4 qualification.
- Facility Management qualifications – Minimum level 3 qualification.
- QSHE experience and qualifications – Minimum NEBOSH General or Occupational Management Level.
- Auditing skills and Qualifications (Food Safety Management) – ISO 9001 / ISO 22001 Qualification.
- Supporting, development and training/teaching of local contractors – Teaching Qualification (Vocational Based).
- PL Accounting management experience – Minimum 5 years.
- English Speaking with diplomatic but firm nature.
- Personal: Safety aware. Positive, assertive, conscientious. Able to work well with all levels of personnel.
- Leadership: Good levels of written and spoken communication. Innovative with initiative. Good presentation skills.
- Technical: Analytical, processing high personal standards and good professional knowledge with broad life/work experience, ideally in an IOC or related industry having been exposed previously to management of safety systems and hazards.
The role reports to Country Manager, DNO Iraq AS and will be based in site in Kurdistan. The work schedule will be rotational type with 28 days on / 28 days off on 12 months fixed term contract duration. Please apply with PDF version of your CV.
- Address Kurdistan