Job Overview: The Factory Manager will provide leadership, guidance, motivation, and encouragement to the Factory Workforce. Develop systems within the Factory in order to maximise the productivity and efficiency, resulting in an increase in the Company’s turnover and profitability. Develop a management system so as to train the workforce and improve their abilities, resulting in an improvement in the quality of the products. Ensure timely delivery for all Projects, whilst meeting the budgets for the Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the projects on time and within budget based on the estimated hours and materials.
- Receive the projects with target hours from Estimation along with the BOM and follow up with the Technical Dept. for the shop drawings in order to schedule the work in the Factory.
- Prepare a programme in order to formulate the Production Schedule.
- Verify and approve the cutting lists preparation.
- Prioritising jobs in the Factory with the Production Assistant, Supervisor and Foreman for machining, assembly, polishing, upholstery and delivery to site.
- Control the workshop hours as required to meet timeframes.
- Requesting and Receiving material from store according to BOM.
- Ensure all items materials have arrived in time to meet the dispatch date for each Project.
- Conduct a site visit at the beginning of each project in coordination with the assigned Site Engineer for double checking the BOQ descriptions and site measurements.
- Prepare the periodic workers evaluation as required by the HR Dept.
- Manage and organise deliveries to meet the Site completion schedule.
- Manage and solve any issues that arise to ensure smooth, efficient production is maintained.
- Order stock materials for the workshop to maintain enough stock for the month without over supply.
- Follow up overall quality of Finished Items in Production.
- Responsible for raising and submitting all necessary Material Requests to Purchasing and obtaining the necessary signature from Snr. Management.
- Responsible to coordinate with Project Site Engineers for item prioritization.
- Responsible to coordinate with Project Site Engineer and Site Foreman for logistical site needs.
- Maintain the Factory safety procedures at all times.
- Organise the machinery maintenance servicing and repairs in order to maintain the uninterrupted operation of the factory thereby ensuring the Factory achieves the Production targets.
- Daily check and approval of timesheets and forward to the HR Dept.
- Maintain motivation in the workshop and ensure the start and finish times are maintained for optimum productivity.
- Liaise with the workshop Foreman in each department to ensure productivity is being maintained and the most practical work methods are in place to successfully complete the work to the required quality and within the estimated hours.
- Coordinate with Estimation Dept. and Projects Coordinator regarding specifications and quantities.
- Ensure all Supervisors and Foremen are carrying out the designated responsibilities in accordance with the Company instructions and regulations.
- Update the Factory Schedule with the Coordinator twice weekly or as may be required.
- Update the Factory section of the Project Coordination Schedule twice weekly or as may be required.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the Factory at all times.
- The Factory Manager may be assigned or given other related tasks as per work requirements.
- On completion of the total Project works within the Factory notify the GM/DGM accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Should have worked as furniture factory Production manager at least for 6 years.
- Strong Leadership skills (team building, time management, problem solving, decision-making, and people management skills).
- Strong & extensive knowledge about industry standard equipment and technical expertise (wood work, materials, fabrics, machinery & furniture design drawings).
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, Inventory & Vendor Management, Safety, and quality control).
- Computer literacy.
- Effective Communication Skills, English language is a must.
- The ability to multitask.
- Address Old Kirkuk Road, South Industrial Area, Erbil, Iraq
- How to apply Send CV to [email protected] with subject line Factory Manager.
- Job Reference JSC-Factory Manager